Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Registration process
while registering here I was asked to name a camera manufacturer with the name starting with S, I replied Sigma that was wrong, then Samsung also wrong it accepted finally Sony
Samsung still makes cameras (point and shoot) as well  as Sigma
wouldn't a less confusing question like name a camera manufacturer with the name starting with N or O or F be more convenient ?
BTW Bing search engine seems to ignore opticallimits.com when searching for reviews
(02-06-2019, 08:25 PM)konrad Wrote: while registering here I was asked to name a camera manufacturer with the name starting with S, I replied Sigma that was wrong, then Samsung also wrong it accepted finally Sony
Samsung still makes cameras (point and shoot) as well  as Sigma
wouldn't a less confusing question like name a camera manufacturer with the name starting with N or O or F be more convenient ?
BTW Bing search engine seems to ignore opticallimits.com when searching for reviews

Nothing is perfect :-)
The question was about a "big" manufacturer though ;-)

Thanks for the info regarding Bing - I just tried to configure something in their webmaster tools. Maybe that'll help.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
That was fun! Never took me longer to register, unless I'm reading the GTC. I stumbled upon the popular 3rd party manufacturer question. My answer was accepted on the 4th attempt. Guess my first 3 ones were either not popular, or not considered 3rd party :-D Well done! I thought I was a bot for a minute or two.
Amazing that some still come through to post spam. Just the other day a saw some stupid sales post again.
That must be a welcome message that I fail to appreciate.
(11-21-2019, 09:33 PM)faint Wrote: That must be a welcome message that I fail to appreciate.

I read that post not as any stab at you... But rather, he takes your troubles of signing on into account, and wonders about why spammers (not you) still go through all the trouble you have gone through. 

Welcome!
(11-22-2019, 01:41 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 09:33 PM)faint Wrote: That must be a welcome message that I fail to appreciate.

I read that post not as any stab at you... But rather, he takes your troubles of signing on into account, and wonders about why spammers (not you) still go through all the trouble you have gone through. 

Welcome!

BC is quite right.

And welcome faint.  

PS: Luckily I signed up a long time ago before this system. Otherwise, I'm not sure I would have made it here. 
:-)
Thank you all Smile Please excuse my initial misinterpretation Smile
I thought Sony made walkman... they also make cameras ?
I've just changed the question.

The 3rd party lens manufacturer one was quite easy I thought (Sigma or Tamron or Tokina or Zeiss or Samyang).

The new one is tougher. ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji