Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone care about a normal prime for $10k?
In case you do:

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/L...l-Editions

No, not a Noctilux. Just a 50/2. So, really exciting specs. Well, yes, ok... it's an APO. Like THAT justifies a price that would also buy you fifty Nikon AF-S 50/1.8G...

To be fair: a single Leica prima definitely has a considerable weight advantage over 50 Nikkors.
Editor
opticallimits.com

I would not want a Nikkor AF-S 50mm f1.8 G... The APO part apparently only costs $7530. The remaining $2470 is spent on "black chrome"...
Leica is leaning more and more towards being the "Tiffany's" of the camera world...... we are bathing in the realms of camera jewelry here......

I mean don't you just feel ashamed looking someone in the eye knowing you haven't a diamond encrusted Summicron?

(I'm genuinely surprised that Leica hasn't teamed up with Rolex actually....seriously)
(02-09-2019, 07:44 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I would not want a Nikkor AF-S 50mm f1.8 G...

The equation of course also works with the EF 50/1.8 STM... but since that is cheaper than the Nikkor, you'd have to carry a lot more than 50 of them Wink

(02-09-2019, 08:18 AM)davidmanze Wrote: (I'm genuinely surprised that Leica hasn't teamed up with Rolex actually....seriously)

Well, they teamed up with Hermès in the past, that fits pretty well.

And they have a long standing 'Tiffany' history already... just google for the gold plated M3

Seriously, though: whenever they release limited editions of lenses or cameras, they are sold out pretty soon, no matter how insane the price is. For Leica, this works perfectly as a method of funding all their R&D costs, I guess... so why stop doing it...
Editor
opticallimits.com

Lots of people are gushing about the supposedly unrivaled IQ this lens provides. So why don't you people play Mythbusters on this one to lay the question to rest once and for all? Smile Markus, I feel the Leica M test section could have been a treasure trove of information... and probably a solid method of debunking rampant legends surrounding the Leica lenses that the Leica owners (or wannabe owners) are spreading around. Smile
(02-09-2019, 02:44 PM)Rover Wrote: Lots of people are gushing about the supposedly unrivaled IQ this lens provides. So why don't you people play Mythbusters on this one to lay the question to rest once and for all? Smile Markus, I feel the Leica M test section could have been a treasure trove of information... and probably a solid method of debunking rampant legends surrounding the Leica lenses that the Leica owners (or wannabe owners) are spreading around. Smile

Then they will start talking rendering and lens character...
(02-09-2019, 06:06 PM)toni-a Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 02:44 PM)Rover Wrote: Lots of people are gushing about the supposedly unrivaled IQ this lens provides. So why don't you people play Mythbusters on this one to lay the question to rest once and for all? Smile Markus, I feel the Leica M test section could have been a treasure trove of information... and probably a solid method of debunking rampant legends surrounding the Leica lenses that the Leica owners (or wannabe owners) are spreading around. Smile

Then they will start talking rendering and lens character...

And color.
It's just what some people are doing as of right now in a similar thread over at DPReview. Smile I saw that. Smile
(02-09-2019, 12:13 AM)mst Wrote: In case you do:

http://us.leica-camera.com/Photography/L...l-Editions

No, not a Noctilux. Just a 50/2. So, really exciting specs. Well, yes, ok... it's an APO. Like THAT justifies a price that would also buy you fifty Nikon AF-S 50/1.8G...

To be fair: a single Leica prima definitely has a considerable weight advantage over 50 Nikkors.

Do they give a 50 times better picture?
(02-13-2019, 12:15 PM)photonius Wrote: Do they give a 50 times better picture?

No, but 50 times a probably indistinguishably similar picture Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com