Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preview: Zeiss Touit 50mm f/2.8 Makro Planar (Fuji XF)
One more Fuji XF review coming up:

https://photozone.smugmug.com/Zeiss-Toui...r-Fuji-XF/
Editor
opticallimits.com

Ah, Mr. Stamm is catching up with lenses from Fuji X stone age times, from 2014. Touits, which never ever got a FW upgrade. Pity no real 1:1 macro is to be seen. MFD would be 15 cm, but I don't discover any sample that close. Btw. Capture One 12 already has much more Fuji profiles onboard, you might want to update your version 11.
I'm afraid I will never be able to please everyone's expectations with the sample images Wink

Yes, the Touit is not the newest lens, I know, plus this particular copy has been sitting on my desk for a while already. Actually, all the sample images are from last spring. To hopefully offer some relief: the next Fuji review after the Touit will be of a more modern lens (announced less than a year ago).

Regarding C1: I still rely mostly on Aperture for my personal use, even though with every update of macOS so far it has become more and more unstable. With 10.15 on the horizon, I might finally make the final switch, most likely to C1 (I simply don't like the workflow within LR).

However, so far I don't use it often enough to consider the upgrade to Capture One 12.

This one is probably not too far away from MFD (these are really tiny blossoms):

https://photozone.smugmug.com/Zeiss-Toui...-6xsdHLw/A
Editor
opticallimits.com

On the whole, it renders pretty nicely. The most important aspect of a lens, in my opinion.
I like these pictures. Also nice to see ol' Touit reviewed, for the sake of completeness. Wonder why Zeiss never released more of these (when I was contemplating a move to Fuji a while ago, both 12 and 32 Touits were on my radar, but I decided to stay with what I have for the time being).
(04-25-2019, 06:20 PM)Rover Wrote: I like these pictures. Also nice to see ol' Touit reviewed, for the sake of completeness. Wonder why Zeiss never released more of these (when I was contemplating a move to Fuji a while ago, both 12 and 32 Touits were on my radar, but I decided to stay with what I have for the time being).

Probably poor sales. They've been heavily discounted at times. The fuji 12 is pretty darn good and the 35 isn't a disaster.
There's no Fuji 12 mm, you2, but the 14 mm is sharper than the Zeiss 12 mm. The 50 mm could also be a very good alternative as a portrait lens compared to the "only small" 50/2.0. If it wouldn't come with the Zeiss added price.