Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon prices silently dropping on some items
As I was shopping to get EOS RP, I Just noticed EOS R price dropped two days ago  from 2300$ to 2000$
then yesterday Canon flash 470 EX AI is just now 200$... I am getting one  Cool
No announcements made, no special offers, just silent prices drop...
Canon EOR R and Nikon Z are both heavily discounted at the moment.

Regarding the current sales, pretty much all manufacturers are in panic mode I reckon.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(04-30-2019, 10:43 AM)Klaus Wrote: Canon EOR R and Nikon Z are both heavily discounted at the moment.

Regarding the current sales, pretty much all manufacturers are in panic mode I reckon.

I wouldn't say they are panicking, but they are in a fight to secure as many early adopters as possible. This is the start of a new-ish market, and someone spending $1-2.5k on a lens is much more likely to stick to a brand than to switch to their competitor.

Also, "on sale" vs "full-price" creates a very different psychological response in a potential buyer.
(04-30-2019, 12:54 PM)Spinifex Wrote:
(04-30-2019, 10:43 AM)Klaus Wrote: Canon EOR R and Nikon Z are both heavily discounted at the moment.

I wouldn't say they are panicking, but they are in a fight to secure as many early adopters as possible. This is the start of a new-ish market, and someone spending $1-2.5k on a lens is much more likely to stick to a brand than to switch to their competitor.

Also, "on sale" vs "full-price" creates a very different psychological response in a potential buyer.
 I suspect there is a bit of panic given the reduced market size but I would think nikon would be hit a lot harder than canon given canon treats camera as a small component of the overall business where as for nikon it is the business.
They are all hit hard ........ a year has gone by since the Z6/Z7 ........ sales are not were expected and everyone's looking towards a new model with the shortcomings redressed such as AF-C etc. ..... what are they going to do with them if they don't discount them .....

a space has to be made for the new models !!
I think, Shirley 039 is a bot. Only copying a part of Spinifex' answer, no own content, but a signature with "krogerfeedback" (customer satisfaction This is most likely spam content) in it's post.