Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture...
(04-30-2019, 06:57 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: Unfortunately, a software that didn't receive updates for a long time and is no more supported is _not_ a solid and reliable piece of software... these qualities require the capability of working fine in not only in a certain moment, but also in the near future.

C1 is quite neat (BTW... I've missed the updates of the last year, I have to fix that). You'll miss cataloguing features, though.

If you say "is not a solid and reliable piece of software" then I hammer against your "C1 is quite neat"!  Angry At first, a software can be reliable and very solid as it is, both properties have nothing to do with update frequencies. And compared to Capture One, Aperture IS reliable and solid!

It's opposite of neat. 100-150% clicks more to get the same (at best, mostly they are worse, misleading or not helpful) search results. Since 2016 I opened 18 support cases, mostly about no documentation in my native language (the GUI is German, so how helpful is an Englisch manual), shitty translations, tons of bugs. Like f-numbers with 15 digits past the comma - don't get me started. Lazy developers, incomplete lens profiles, etc., etc. Some issues are 2 or three major updates old and still existing.

Sorry, stoppingdown, I'm very angry and it's absolutely not your fault, right now I'd like to kick the balls of those Apple apes beancounters up their asses. Rather they pay 27 billions to Qualcomm then take 1 or 2 millions and get the best DAM back to work. But everyone waxing poetry about C1 never experiences a well thought DAM. Apple could eat Capture One for breakfast and would still have an empty stomach.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture... - by JJ_SO - 04-30-2019, 07:23 PM