Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture...
(04-30-2019, 08:02 PM)stoppingdown Wrote: "both properties have nothing to do with update frequencies."

They do because it might happen, as described, that your system becomes obsolete as you are forced to upgrade the o.s. and discover that you're no more compatible. Solid and reliable presuppose "runnable". ;-)

All I can say to that: I'm writing on a 2010 iMac, running OS X 10.12.6 (Sierra) reliably. This machine runs at least as long as my office PC per day. Update? Why? In the closet, there's a Mac Mini Power PC with OS X 10.4.6. Still running if I need it. Update? Forget it. Not for Power PC processors...

Of course, new pictures can't import into Aperture, as Apple gave up the already rather mediocre RAW converter which was in use systemwide. But then, lately I was looking for some pictures and only knew they were older than 5 years. Within less than 20 seconds I found them - and I didn't tag all pictures with keywords.

C1's search box is only good enough to seek for filenames - but please don't expect you could open the album or project the file's linked in... I get it, Aperture's designers were benefitting a lot of the power of Spotlight, of systemwide intelligent albums / folders, of the UI which was the same style in most apps - so no need to develop something ugly as in C1. A lot of functions C1 needs to develop for Apple and Windows were already ready and available for Aperture developers, mostly better than C1 ever will be.

I really would like to know why Apple stepped aside to make space for second best apps? Lack of money can't be a significant reason.

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture... - by JJ_SO - 04-30-2019, 08:31 PM