Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture...
Thanks, BC. I haven't checked it out, honestly didn't even know it existed. I'll have a look at it, but I don't feel great moving to an app of a relatively small and unknown developer.

I have used Aperture from the very first beginning (almost 14 years now) and would like to move to a software where there is at least some chance that it will be around for many years to come. I don't want to move my library more often than absolutely necessary.

For that reason, I have already ruled out ON1, Luminar and also DxO Photolab. And also Apple Photos,... I tried it, again, they added a lot since the first version, but to me it still feels less capable than even iPhotos, let alone Aperture.

In the end, I will have to decide between LR and C1. I happen to have both, actually... have a Creative Cloud subscription (for PS, but LR is included, too) and use C1 in parallel for years already, but just for a very limited set of tasks (all sample images in my reviews for example, all converted by C1).
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture... - by mst - 05-02-2019, 09:51 AM