Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture...
(05-02-2019, 04:41 PM)toni-a Wrote: Even if you move to another ecosystem, just keep your old database, nothing is prefect and you will discover the bug at the worst moment, si better have the original database. I moved to Android, but I kept my old windows phone, with all my data on it, just in case.

Definitely. Since future macOS versions no longer run the app (and future Macs no longer run the old OS), I will set up a virtual machine with Aperture installed in it.

(05-02-2019, 09:33 PM)mike Wrote: The worst part is just getting used to new software. Doesn't matter if it's in the office or home. Once the learning curve is done you end up finding some things you still miss (phantom pain, HA!). OTOH, there's usually a few tricks that eventually you'd hate to be without.

For example, with all the love and hate of Android and iPhone, and having had both, they both have their "nuances" that when you're used to one the other will drive you nuts. Well, at least for a while;-)

True... the more I use C1 now, I see how I just need to get used to it. Or realize, just how much I had gotten used to the shortcuts in Aperture... the same keyboard shortcuts either just don't work in C1 (or use different keys) or, what's actually worse, lead to completely different actions. That will be frustrating for another while, I'm afraid, since my muscle memory is quite stubborn Wink

Now regarding Android and iOS... I don't really consider myself an Apple fanboy (anymore), but there are indeed a few features in both iOS and macOS that I wouldn't want to miss, like backup. I just got new iPhones for myself an my son... moving to the new phones, including moving all data, took less than an hour.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: So, finally forced to move away from Apple Aperture... - by mst - 05-04-2019, 08:06 AM