Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax aufocus issues
Hello,

I have a feeling that autofocus is not right in k-x.

For example im taking portrait at distance of 2 meters i need +3 correction. if subject moves 6 meters and i want take full body shot, i need +6 correction.
If shooting live view its OK, camera autofocus is fine.

Is this normal? anyone had same problems mybkexperience?
It is "normal" that for different distances, lenses that don't focus precisely (need calibration or can't be helped because of lens aberrations wreaking havoc with the AF sensor due to the wave lengths the AF sensor is sensitive to) need different AFMA values. It is lens dependent, how precisely your Pentax K-x can AF with PD AF.

Besides that, Pentax is not the best in focus accuracy. The newest models have have improved a bit, but the K-x is older.
Thank you for your topic. I really need it. I will follow you long term
(06-03-2019, 07:54 AM)blingbling88 Wrote: Thank you for your topic. I really need it. I will follow you long term

I used to be a Pentax shooter and I've always been very frustrated with Pentax's AF inaccuracies.
Since then, I bought into mirrorless (Fujifilm & Olympus/Panasonic) and AF is almost always spot on, regardless of distance even with fast lenses (f1.4 or f1.2) wide-open.
I haven't looked back.
I very strongly recommend you try a mirrorless system to see for yourself.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Carol 357, I don't know what a Burger King This is most likely spam content link has to do with your photography question, same with blingbling's ioGames. It looks weird in a first post.
Hmmm ........ the Kx ..... one of Pentax's best selling models ! ......... it's getting a little long in the tooth now ...

I take it you are in "debug mode" to be able to adjust auto focus fine tune on the Kx..... as it doesn't exist as a menu option!

If you have an investment in the K mount glass it may be an idea to find a more up to date Pentax body ........ the K5IIs was the first to eliminate AF errors in low light and didn't have an anti aliasing filter ...... it's one of Pentax's best bodies, with good dynamic range and low noise ......

Ebay examples start at around 230 euros .......
Dave's clichés
Just two spammers. Next.