Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mirrorless cameras - (often) form over function?
My take: New Sigma is fresh for FF, yet no viewfinder is a no-go. 

If I would be a full time professional, bigger cameras might be interesting. However as an enthusiast I value smaller size. Cameras like Pana G80/90 or EOS R are very comfortable to hold. Never bothered pinky to end below the camera. OTOH, Canon UI certainly doesn’t work for me, I vastly prefer Pana here.

Actually, with mirrorless, fully functional rangefinder style became possible again, compared to film days when RF style sacrificed focusing capabilities that made SLRs cameras of the choice at the time. Lately, I enjoy GX80/GX9 as good compromise of very solid UI and small size. Benefit of VF in the left corner is nose not interfering with the screen. I love touch screen interface to move focus point quickly, compromised only when screen gets wet. Together with ability to put AF point anywhere in the frame are great new features of today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mirrorless cameras - (often) form over function? - by MatjazO - 07-13-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Mirrorless cameras - (often) form over function? - by davidmanze - 07-14-2019, 08:53 AM