Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fuji stuff on the horizon
I don't.

For that 24 MP sensor I get no compressed RAW files which could be processed by most converters, exception is lightroom and Iridient and the crappy Fuji junk.

up & down tilt panel? great, just forget to do portrait orientation with it.

Today a heron took off in a narrow little canyon and passed me in less than 2 m distance. I had the right lens mounted on the X-T2. But I missed all shots, because first I need to change these settings:

From AF-S to AF-C with that fiddly button with no real "click" switching. At first it was somewhere in between 

Changing from single AF-point to area.

Checking AF-settings, nothing for herons taking off from a creek with dark background and a waterfall, so which one of the 6? And how high the chance, it's set up wrong?

Changing shutter speed from A to 1/1000

Opening aperture wide

Setting ISO to Auto - 6400

Set drive mode from single to Continuos

Set grip from normal to boost

For that, I would have needed a simple turn of the mode dial on a Nikon D7xxx, From U1 to U2, from landscape to action in a fraction.

With the Fuji, it takes minutes because these "Pro-grade" cam wants me to set up and check everything before taking the bloody shot. 6 wheels on the camera, including the useless front wheel which can't be programmed to change aperture, and then the massive amount of badly placed function buttons which are easily pushed, so I need to control them always.

Okay, this once in a lifetime opportunity of seeing a heron going for food in a crowded canyon - he must have been very hungry - caught me by surprise and I'm not the experienced birds in flight photographer.

No sir, Fuji's usability is by far not on par with real good cameras. Lack of U1, U2 is inexcusable. Not being able to save the settings on an SD card and transfer it to a second body means clearly "user stay away from  second bodies, they are overrated". When set-up correctly, it's a great machine, but that's the easy part. The tricky part for the designers is, to make the set-up quickly. Some of the wheels  /aperture rings are too easy to move, others too hard or too hidden to find. Oh and have you ever tried to see a white frame as focus point, when shooting in the snow... or did you ever tried to recognize the distance scale in the EVF, more specific: the mark where I'm focusing? White numbers, no matter which background, on a white scale with a tiny white mark on a grey bar - one need to put a lot of effort in to create a worse scale.

Messages In This Thread
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Klaus - 01-13-2017, 10:08 AM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by JJ_SO - 01-13-2017, 10:39 AM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Guest - 01-13-2017, 12:27 PM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Klaus - 01-14-2017, 12:08 AM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Klaus - 01-14-2017, 12:10 AM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by JJ_SO - 01-14-2017, 08:48 AM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Sylvain - 01-15-2017, 03:44 PM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by JJ_SO - 01-15-2017, 09:41 PM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Sylvain - 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by JJ_SO - 01-16-2017, 06:57 PM
New Fuji stuff on the horizon - by Brightcolours - 01-16-2017, 08:15 PM