Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tamron G2 arrives.
Hi Dave,

I still have an old, quasi antique D810  Wink and the Tamron in front of it. Like yours, I unboxed mine, did a quick AF check and corrected for +2 in AFMA, just for the feeling of it.

Putting it in front of a Fuji is one of the next steps, once the rain stops again.

Yes, the Nikon 300 + 1.7× TC is the weaker picture on the left. I like to bash that lens just for the feeling of it as well, because it's another expensive, flawed product of China, but very handy and lightweight - without TC and not much expectation of what the VR can do (or mostly, can't do  ^_^ ) it's great.

I wanted to see how good Tamron's OS compared to Sigma's is. The rperformance of the Sigma @500mm already was very good and the Tamron is still better than Nikon+TC. So, for 800 francs more you'd get worse IQ anti-vibration-wise.

I do have a G2, enjoy it's great balance of IQ, weight, features and finish, as well, as the ergonomics. I'm not aware of any club, but if there is one, count me in  Smile This morning I got the console and will also tweak the minimal distance range, like you did.

The G2 club is very easy to join..........

...........the club's membership card is in fact the lens's bill of sale!  Wink

I will try now something....  B)

Markus? Maaaaarkuuuuus??? You like to do a test on a Tamron 150-600 G2?  Big Grin Could borrow you mine if you like.

Coucou........  over here  Markus.... incoming from Mr. JoJu!!!

"PZ forum posters calling "the" Markus.........over".

I'll try getting his secretary to call him on the Tannoy"

"Mr. Markus Stamm could you please come to reception...there's a Mr.....errr,  sorry sir I didn't catch your name sir.... Ok,  a Mr. JoJu here who would like to speak to you, concerning what looks like to be some sort of bazooka?"

"I'm sorry Mr. JoJu he's not replying,  Mr Stamm has appeared to have left the building.......where?...... gone to the airport apparently, yes something unexpected cropped up!" 

"His return.....hmm, I really couldn't say, last time he popped out we didn't see him for some years..........something about a Bigma!"

"Try leaving a message on PZ forum sir.......the Nikon section"......Thank you so much, have a nice day!"

"Yes Mr. Stamm the gentlemen has left the building, you can come out now"...

I know which railway he uses  :ph34r: no airport involved. And a meet'n'greet in Geneva with Flo is also in some sort of planning.

It get's tight around his testing lab...