Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RF 15-35mm f2.8, RF 24-70mm f2.8, RF 70-200mm f2.8 prices
Conversely, Canon hasn't managed to come up with in-body IS yet (albeit eventually, they should be able to do it really).

Sony's classic strategy has been to offer affordable cameras but expensive lenses - knowing that you have to lock in first and then you can rip off.
I'd say that they departed from this a couple of years ago though. Their APS-C cameras are actually insanely expensive given the minor evolution since 2011.
The other day I was wondering whether to replace the NEX7 - but then what for? A bit of AF speed?

Sony has one major advantage over CaNikon - third-party manufacturers can license the mount/protocol. Sigma/Tamron/Tokina - they are all offering E-mount lenses without compatibility issues. Whereas CaNikon are playing their silly, old it's-us-or-nobody game.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm really wondering why Fuji isn't more successful with their X-series. They got quite awesome cameras there, a huge lens lineup and that's all combined with human-friendly pricing.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji

Messages In This Thread
RE: RF 15-35mm f2.8, RF 24-70mm f2.8, RF 70-200mm f2.8 prices - by Klaus - 08-26-2019, 10:44 PM