Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watt kind of pictures did you take at the age of 22?
In genreal I'd agree.

But when it comes to certain pictures like the ones from D'Oultremont, there's no shortcut and no cheap alternative. He needs all the light he can get and a reliable system, the tripod was (and needs to be) some big foot (I saw a Gitzo Series 5 with a gimbal). I have no idea about the Canon gear I saw in the videos, but there was no 100-400 lightweight involved - all the big and fast buckets need some deep pockets.

But even if I could buy the same gear - or could have bought it at the age of 22 - I still doubt to be able to see or find the kind of pictures I admire from him.

Just took the tour of Station House!  I had a living arrangement that was really interesting looking back.  But I did not take photos of people very often.  That's just me.  I wish had taken more people photos, but strange perspectives, night scenes, macro and telephoto were what I did.  I have to leave it to others to capture the human side.  I just like trying to see the things that that unaided eye can't see.

Quote:     Voilà, my site from my youth when we shared a "hippy household" at  76 Station Road, Broxbourne.

We were all keen photographers at that time, thirty years later a friend (who recently died) and I were talking about the "old days" of this rented shared residence.......and decided to publish a site dedicated to the memories of this great epoch.

.....  a lot of slide scanning went on......... the slides had been kicking around in my family's loft and had suffered considerable mould damage, eventually after many hours of de-spotting we published them.

http://www.76stationroad.hippies.co.uk

(click  galleries).

It was an amazing period that lasted eight years........the only worry is my now deceased friend is the registered owner of the paid site and who knows how long it will stay up on line?

5 team points are available for spotting my old and well loved Voigtlander Bessa MkII lying amongst the chassis of my huge home made monster valve amplifier (B+W image taken on a college 4X5" plate camera)

Man the fun we had.......the weirdos we knew.....the parties....the times spent out of mind....those sweet and pretty girls........everybody had a huge HiFi...a jukebox in the kitchen......everywhere the noise was unbelievable..........crazy, crazy times.......and many are no longer with us!..

........Oh if only I could do it all again!  
Nice photos, thanks for sharing. It sounds like you had some great times back then
None, I started photography very late at the age of 32!

--Florent

Flickr gallery