Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Backpack for Travel
Big Grin 
(09-03-2019, 04:17 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: I'm also in the process of replacing a bag, but for me slingshots are not out of the choice. However, as a Rucksack you checked also Manfrotto Befree Advanced Rear Rucksack?

Just saw it a couple of minutes ago. Have no idea about the quality, but after ThinkTank disappointed me massively by not answering mails or support requests, it's time for me to find another brand.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that one. Which is why I posted[Image: biggrin.png] What happened with ThinkTank? I rather like my MM 25i. The quality has been good and the size is perfect for my kit.

The Manfrotto Befree is similar to the Lowepro Fastpack BP in it's made to hold a lot of gear and have a smallish top compartment. Great for a few odds and ends like sunglasses and headphones. I have considered the Fastpack and to layout the gear compartment to carry non-photo gear like a packable rain jacket etc. Stuff I won't need a lot.

The ones that peak my interest the most at the moment are the Tamrac Tradewind, the Vanguard Havana, and the Lowepro Hatchack backpacks. Each comes in a couple of sizes have their pros and cons. Still hoping for more suggestions!

I had the smaller sized Tradewind that was stolen (yes, with gear...). Always wished it had more space for non-photo gear.  It does seem as the packs get bigger the camera gear section grows exponential vs the non-camera gear section.  Some, like the Hatchback, have such a difference in size between the small and large they really should have a mid size!

Messages In This Thread
Photo Backpack for Travel - by mike - 09-03-2019, 03:44 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by JJ_SO - 09-03-2019, 04:17 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by mike - 09-03-2019, 09:22 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by toni-a - 09-03-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Photo Backpack for Travel - by JJ_SO - 09-04-2019, 08:32 AM