Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Camera colors what do you think?
Read a lot about color rendering, I  often read things like "Canon colors" in real life I noticed every single camera has its own colors yes, but difference is minor, and not relevant enough to base my choice on it, difference between two camera color is not more pronounced than difference between same photo edited by two RAW converters.
What do you think .?
(09-22-2019, 02:49 AM)toni-a Wrote: Read a lot about color rendering, I  often read things like "Canon colors" in real life I noticed every single camera has its own colors yes, but difference is minor, and not relevant enough to base my choice on it, difference between two camera color is not more pronounced than difference between same photo edited by two RAW converters.
What do you think .?

I think lenses have more to do with color in general, as long as you are shooting raw and the camera calibration profiles are accurate. 
I have seen shots made with a 17-40L on a Sony camera, the end results looked pretty similar to Canon's output.
Lenses have little to do with colour in general. Most lenses are pretty neutral, it is not like decades ago when Nikkor glass seemed cooler and Sigma glass was yellow/warm.
I would disagree. They all got their flavors - but then if you shoot RAW, it's about the RAW converter really. That's is other than the WB metering, of course (which also relates to color tint correction of the lens).
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
With an Advanced RAW converter you can do everything with colors, but it needs a lot of knowledge and experience, and it can take a lot of time, having straight from the beginning something good or close will surely help.
With film also you can also do all kind of color corrections while/after scanning but it's better to have good colors straight from the beginning
I shoot uniquely RAW ....... my only colour beef is with the red band which can saturate too easily (Pentax turned magenta)

...... I now use ProPhoto RGB profile in Adobe's RAW file converter (CS6) ........there you get far better red headroom and the ability to correct any over red saturation ........