Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next PZ lens test report: Sony FE 24-70mm f/2.8 GM
Well, the 42mp sensor wasn't easy even for this beauty of a beast

http://www.opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff...y2470f28gm

Good review of a good solid lens,

Could have been a little sharper at the edges but Sony sure know how to step up to the plate when it comes to delivering more or less what they promised. 

Pro Sony FF mirror-less users don't seem to be in the least bit bothered about lens sizes, it's all about having the best and highest resolution (almost) sensor. This is a case of getting what you pay for.

"a" toad......fuzz= fuss

I hate to be the wet towel, the obnoxious editor, but... the verdict has the lines:

Optical Quality (at 50 megapixels): Not provided at this stage   
Optical Quality (at 21 megapixels): (3 stars)

I'm sure you need to correct this. Smile (BTW, 3 optical stars seems a tad low for this lens, but it may be just me).
Quote: 

I hate to be the wet towel, the obnoxious editor, but... the verdict has the lines:

<div>Optical Quality (at 50 megapixels): Not provided at this stage   
Optical Quality (at 21 megapixels): (3 stars)

I'm sure you need to correct this. Smile (BTW, 3 optical stars seems a tad low for this lens, but it may be just me).

</div>

No matter how often I proofread this shit, there's always somethin ... ;-)
Sounds VERY familiar... but luckily there's always Rover to rely on Wink

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:No matter how often I proofread this shit, there's always somethin ... ;-)
To be quite honest Klaus your English is better than that of many first language English people and your writing style is right up there! 
Proofreading is not about how good one's language is, but how attentive to typos, missing words and missing sense. I hardly ever detect my mistakes wight after making them - and I earn money with writing technical texts.  <_< To avoid some brain performances of "Autocorrection" "Autocompletion" it's worth to read from right to left and from down to up. But even then I give the texts to my colleague and read his.

So not to change the subject but when will we see GFX reviews ?

Well, not sure that's going to happen soon (we haven't discussed it internally so far though). However, if I had to choose a high res system for myself (and if Nikon doesn't come up with a higher res body this year I might have to), the Fuji could be tempting.

-- Markus
Editor
opticallimits.com

Quote:Sounds VERY familiar... but luckily there's always Rover to rely on Wink

-- Markus
Haha... Sorry, I've been working as an editor far too long. Smile For most of that time, I've been collecting funny typos and errors in word usage made by myself and my gang. Smile