Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slides scanning or use a Dslr instead?
To be very honest, the simplest method is using a dedicated small scanner. Get one of around 12 MP +, and you are already oversampling by a factor 2. Price: between 70 and 200 euros.

HTH, kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Btw, seriously, how many of us have an Epson V700/750? I have the same love/hate relationship with it probably like everyone else that has it. I should drop some good money and time into it to get the film to stay flat and adjust the height for good.

Thanks again for all your advise. As mucu as I like trying new ways, like a projector or a Dslr, I have just very limited energy, due to health issues. So, I will try to get my old KM image scan elite II to work. Maybe I can try the other options in the future, who knows.

But still my computer does not detect my scanner, not even with the link you sent me, Brighcolours. I just do not get it, what goes wrong.

I still have my XP machine in pieces, but scanning on this computer is so, soooo slow. That it's just no option for me.

Any other suggestions are welcome how to let my W7machine find my scanner.

Kind regards,

Reinier
 For keeping my memories of our hippy house sharing days on a site, my friend and I used his scanner to digitalize our slides, it went well enough with however a lot of de-spotting. It was quite a decent scanner (I can't remember the make/model), but a slide scanner with good resolution  is expensive, a decent one can easily be a grand.

Is it not viable to have the slides scanned by a lab? This would elevate the need to buy any gear, eliminate the grief and give you instant images to review and de-spot t your leisure, you could find a quote from a lab for a bulk scan.