Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report - Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 50-200mm f/2.8-4 ASPH Power OIS
Very sharp but very odd OOF highlights ...

https://www.opticallimits.com/m43/1075-leica50200f284
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
That can count as a real defect, I wonder what the lens maker would say about it.
Would be a nice zoo lens if hte bokeh wasn't busted. Do you think it is a defect in this specific lens or generic to this model ?
[proofreader mode] You misspelled Elmar / Elmarit in the second paragraph of the first page... Twice. Maybe it was your way of showing contempt for Leica, though. Smile)
[/proofreader mode]
And seriously, I wasn't expecting another review so soon, thanks! Thought we'd maybe get one right before the New Year, and that'd be it for the year. Of course it may well turn out that this review would be the last one in 2019. Smile

Speaking of proofreading... You can retire me by implementing a typo reporting service (that typically works by selecting an offending bit of text and pressing Ctrl+Enter). Smile
Curious if strange bokeh is a defect or would be found on every sample. I tried to find same pattern on few samples around the web and couldn’t spot the same.
Otherwise nice lens. Athough I would expect it to be significantly sharper than 100-400 reviewed few days ago.
(12-18-2019, 10:15 PM)Rover Wrote: [proofreader mode] You misspelled Elmar / Elmarit in the second paragraph of the first page... Twice. Maybe it was your way of showing contempt for Leica, though. Smile)
[/proofreader mode]
And seriously, I wasn't expecting another review so soon, thanks! Thought we'd maybe get one right before the New Year, and that'd be it for the year. Of course it may well turn out that this review would be the last one in 2019. Smile

Speaking of proofreading... You can retire me by implementing a typo reporting service (that typically works by selecting an offending bit of text and pressing Ctrl+Enter). Smile

Actually I do use Grammarly for proofreading - but it struggles at times because the article isn't just clear-text.

Thx

And maybe I will provide one more review - thx to the local bushfires, it'll be lab only I think.

BTW, I wet-cleaned the sensor I verified the highlights again - but that didn't make a hell of a difference (albeit the sensor was quite dirty).
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji