Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon D780 annnounced
Seems like a serious attempt to combine the best of both worlds:

https://imaging.nikon.com/lineup/dslr/d780/
Editor
opticallimits.com

Expected update, but... no AF joystick? And even without touchpad functionality as alternative for AF point selection? They did that on Z50 not long ago. On +2k € body in 2020? Mindblowing.
Which worlds, Markus? Appears to be a normal DSLR to me... With PD AF in live view, like all Canon DSLRs (but without the DP AF smoothness).
24mp is not an upgrade to the D750, but it does 4K.
(01-07-2020, 11:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Which worlds, Markus?

Nikon F and Nikon Z obviously Wink

Yes, I know there is no DP AF, but at least they bring a majority of the live view features from the Z6 to a DSLR.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(01-07-2020, 11:33 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Which worlds, Markus? Appears to be a normal DSLR to me... With PD AF in live view, like all Canon DSLRs (but without the DP AF smoothness).
24mp is not an upgrade to the D750, but it does 4K.

The sensor is dual gain and backlit, so this camera is usable at higher ISO than Canon's offerings are in its class. Question remains, if the AF also catches up in low light?

And it brings focus stacking from the D850 to a much cheaper body. It's no new wheel re-invented, but a nice successor for a 5 year old DSLR for all the dinosaurs who still want to stick with it and enjoy the also dated 24-120 kit lens.