Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Z 20mm f/1.8 S announced
JJ, keep in mind that we are running this website pretty much in hobby mode now. The corona crisis reduced the income to a degree that expensive investments are prohibitive now.
During the golden years, I would have just taken over Nikon Z but that's a no go now.

If you take the fun out of our hobby with such comments, you will only achieve that we shut down shop earlier rather than later.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
People, let's have some empathy, especially during these difficult times!

I think the majority of OL readers truly appreciate what you you have been doing Klaus and Markus (and Seb), despite the inevitable slowdown.
And we fully understand they are much important priorities than doing reviews, especially during the current covid crisis!
I hope you and your families are in good health and that despite the struggle you can still make ends meet. I cross my fingers your situation will get better Markus. Good luck and know that some of us appreciate what you've been doing.
In the grand scheme of things, lenses reviews don't really matter, so let's all take a step back and relax ;-)

Take care everyone and stay healthy!
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(05-09-2020, 12:05 PM)mst Wrote: And in no way would it come to your mind that I don't even want to come and read here anymore simply to avoid having to handle hurtful and in any case inappropriate statements like most of yours?

You are right that I could have announced further delays here, sure. I simply had other priorities. For a good reason: I am struggling to survive, financially. And that is the result of a process happening. Sorry I missed to inform you during that process. The last thing I personally need right now is some dismissive sarcasm because of what feels to me either lack of empathy or the inability to imagine someone else's situation.

Let's see. Number of posts of JoJu: 4000 and a bit, warning level 0% - without the old PZ posts. If it was true what you stated - you're one of the admins, just block me. And you think, your post is not hurtful and inappropriate? You're full of negative energy at the moment.

I've a lot of experience with people in the mindset you're currently in, therefore you cannot touch or insult me. And I know this mindset from my own experience. Maybe there were times you enjoyed the bright sides of life while I was stuck in darker parts. The lockdown only in Europe affects 280 million people, me like you. All I can say - there will be better times soon. But I'm afraid we have to get used to this kind of epidemic diseases. For each of us it will be good to rethink about how to change the personal situation if possible.

If you already go into defcon red when I was just teasing you, I don't like to know how you react to real problems - and this forum is for sure no real problem.

Klaus, wether you go on or "close shop" - I cannot change this decision as everybody needs to know when to continue or when to stop a hobby. It was a bit more than a hobby back in the day and I just guess a lot of buyers are looking for YT "reviews". However, there's still a number of us hobbyists trying to find a good, independent and well-informing test site, without ⅓ of a video being advertisement. It's just the question if OL wants to occupy this niche or not.
(05-09-2020, 03:33 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: People, let's have some empathy, especially during these difficult times!

I think the majority of OL readers truly appreciate what you you have been doing Klaus and Markus (and Seb), despite the inevitable slowdown.
And we fully understand they are much important priorities than doing reviews, especially during the current covid crisis!
I hope you and your families are in good health and that despite the struggle you can still make ends meet. I cross my fingers your situation will get better Markus. Good luck and know that some of us appreciate what you've been doing.
In the grand scheme of things, lenses reviews don't really matter, so let's all take a step back and relax ;-)

Take care everyone and stay healthy!

I fully agree wih you.
(05-09-2020, 03:39 PM)JJ_SO Wrote: you're one of the admins, just block me.

Your request has been granted.

Florent & Goran: thx a lot, appreciated!
Editor
opticallimits.com

Hope everything goes back to normal for everyone, the sooner, the better.
Sorry to see this happening, OL has always been a friendly and tolerant place even with a few minor clashes.. hopefully everything will be back to normal quickly
I still cannot believe that the Sony FE 20/1.8 is kicking the Z's lens mount, hard!
You just can't have too many lenses...