•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
Quote:Apart from anything else, how many decades will it take to have the lens range of Nikon or Canon?

OK if you are under forty years old I suppose, by the time mirror-less will have achieved it, the lease will be up on my grave plot!  Tongue

Meanwhile there's new AF-S 105mm F1.4, the new AF-S 70-200mm F2.8 VRII E, tilt/shift......AF-S 200mm F2....300mm F2.8/4 ....400mm F2.8......500mm F4 ......600mm F4......800mm F5.6    VR a gogo...

all class leading stuff, if that's what you want with mirror-less you'l have to factor it in with your pension fund, if the worms don't get you first!   Huh

Nah Smile. All you need is a mirrorless system and the correct Metabones adapter for your dslr lenses Wink.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
  This Photodiox Nikon to Sony adapter looks the business!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sYuRg9Jv_E&t=50s

The first two minutes will be enough!           Tongue  Big Grin  :lol:  :wacko:

Dave's clichés
Are you carrying around all the lenses you can get for Nikon, dave? Lately I read about 81 with genuine Fuji mount. Which means, Fujirumors is only focusing on numbers, not on quality by the looking for No. 100.

Like you are, dave. Sure, the more lenses around, the higher the probability to find some jewels in - but also a lot of onions.

And specialities like tilt-shift? Don't make me laugh. This things already rip around 4000 out of your pocket, so a simple adapter will not drive the costs more insane - and the whole combo is still of lower performance than a mirrorless Arca or Cambo ACTUS (btw. the latter is the better system for mirrorless). Tilt shift lenses were made for people who want occasionally doing architecture (models) without the costs and cumbersome handling of a Sinar, Linhof, Plaubel and the like - all of them already were mirrorless already and you were younger than in your forties. Don't pretend that photography started with DSLRs  ^_^ It was not and will not end with it.

Wim was talking about metabones adapters, on the market for a while and improving lens quality in terms of the opposite of a crop-factor. Adapters always have downsides, I'm a bit surprised Fotodiox didn't test it better. But there are as well lenses which ruined DSLRs, so what's the point?

And there are also lots of good pictures which would be better if they were not showing front- or backfocus  Tongue See, that's the advantage: With mirrorless, some AF were so slow, you just would not have taken the pictures because it was gone before the camera achieved focus  :lol:

I love a bit of controversy, especially in winter, when things are quiet!  :o   Rolleyes  :lol:  B) .

What better than the mirror-less vs DSLR battle?

Nikon though has shown the it's still in the fight, the D500 has seriously kept them in the game, the D5 was badly conceived though. I think they know that they need to have top flight lenses that are not there with the others, the 105, 200 and the new 70-200, lenses which gave a good reason to not buy Tamron/Sigma.

Sports will keep Canikon in the game for many years to come, the enthusiast can already get what he needs from ML now, with modern glass. 

The Camera Store's "Best/Worst of the year" got it right,

Best lenses;

Nikon 105 F1.4.......Nikor 70-200mm....the Sony 24-70mm.....but the prices??

Best still camera;

Fuji XT-2...for you JoJu.. Wink .no surprise!   this one is though!.. the Pentax K1...Wow!   ..the Canon 80D ... -_- (for you BC!) and of course the D500 for me, in fact something for everybody!

So things were fairly even this year.....I know you will win in the end JoJu, but for the moment the battle continues!  Tongue

The good news is it going to be a fine warm sunny Christmas and boxing day here.....nice

Dave's clichés
Quote: I love a bit of controversy, especially in winter, when thing are quiet!  :o   Rolleyes  :lol:  B) .

Let's talk about "equivalence", baby!  :angry:

Big Grin

..."gave a good reason to not buy Tamron/Sigma"  :lol: Who is currently thinking of a Tammy G2? Or don't you count greyimports? When was the last time you bought one of those new jewels, new and regularly?

Btw., thanks to your thread I'm also slightly tempted to give it a shot  Wink 

Anyway, if Nikon brings an affordable high ISO body with some of the features missing I already hated on D750, I will have a look at it.

I'm still waiting for a RAW converter able to handle compressed Fuji RAW, but the cameras with 24MP X-Trans are just one year old, so the developers of Capture One are still thinking about and "working hard", of course.

This fact will also screw up the joy for new gear. Software starts to become more and more a problem, although new "RAW-converters" are still thrown on the market (like onOne lately), they just all suck with file management.

I have two points of view, the opinions of those who use the brand and finance it fully (important consideration) and my own viewpoint, which is one of getting the camera that I want with the lens that I want, the D750 and the D500 satisfied my "bodily needs".  :o well you know Tongue ..... Lenses have to be carefully examined for best value. I did seriously consider the AF-S 200-500 which is a good option, but I want 600mm at the long end. I see very few reasons not to buy Tamigmas, especially as their price/value always beats OEMs.

As for the new Nikon D7....  will have to see whether this high ISO ability doesn't resemble that of the D5, where low ISO has been sacrificed, it has to come from the sensor, not algorithm juggling, I don't see where this magic sensor is going to come from.

Dave's clichés
Quote:     I love a bit of controversy, especially in winter, when things are quiet!  :o   Rolleyes  :lol:  B) .

Nikon though has shown the it's still in the fight, the D500 has seriously kept them in the game, the D5 was badly conceived though. I think they know that they need to have top flight lenses that are not there with the others, the 105, 200 and the new 70-200, lenses which gave a good reason to not buy Tamron/Sigma.

Sports will keep Canikon in the game for many years to come, the enthusiast can already get what he needs from ML now, with modern glass. 

The Camera Store's "Best/Worst of the year" got it right,

Best lenses;

Nikon 105 F1.4.......Nikor 70-200mm....the Sony 24-70mm.....but the prices??

Best still camera;

Fuji XT-2...for you JoJu.. Wink .no surprise!   this one is though!.. the Pentax K1...Wow!   ..the Canon 80D ... -_- (for you BC!) 
Why for me? I went FF...
I want this to happen because I want to see the faces of Canon FF shooters who were preaching how bad an idea mirrorless cameras are. So, pay 3k+ prices for a "real" camera now or buy the 6Dii mirrorless monstrosity and eat your words.

Please. Just please. This'll be the only time in this decade Canon will have given me joy with a camera announcement so please.

I doubt Canon will announce a mirrorless FF body, as their M-series mount is too narrow for FF. At least they said so themselves. Another mount is likely not an option, and IMO neither is another set of different lenses. In the current state of things it is not very likely a company will invest in yet another type of camera requiring new lenses, I think it is too risky an investment.

Now, if all they would do is create a dslr type body with only a good quality EVF, and a battery life of at least half that of a dslr, it could be interesting, just that the size benefit of mirrorless would fall away.

OTOH, FF mirrorless cameras don't really have a size benefit anyway, so who knows? They might just go for such an option: slightly lighter camera with fewer moving parts, with the same mount, being able to use all existing lenses, potentially with a (very) high resolution sensor.

Just thinking out loud here, and speculating. I think I might just go for such a camera, especially as I am already trying to figure out what my next FF Canon body should be Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
Quote:I doubt Canon will announce a mirrorless FF body, as their M-series mount is too narrow for FF. At least they said so themselves. 
The mount diameter of Sony NEX is the same (tiny bit smaller). That explains why Sony needed a different mount for FF mirrorless....  :ph34r:

I have not read anywhere Canon stating what you state above?

The numbers: Fuji X-mount diameter: 44mm. Nikon F-mount diameter: 44mm (bigger flange distance). Leica M39 diameter: obviously smaller than 39mm diameter (bigger flange distance), Leica M mount diameter 44mm (bigger flange distance). 46.1mm for Sony E mount. 47mm for Canon EOS M mount (54mm for EOS (bigger flange distance)).

That said, both the Nikon F-mount and the Sony E mount are rather narrow and kinda limiting for large apertures. 

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next