Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera
Quote:Yes BC, that could have been an idea, although converter/adapters are always second best choice.

I entirely disagree the advantage of mirrorless being size only or even one of the "biggest advantages". I also don't think, going small is practical per se. It makes the whole design less complicated as some difficult to manufacture parts like mirror, indirect AF-module and indirect metering module are left away - at the cost of more power consumption. The size advantage, if you compare all the high MP FF bodies against Sony is theoretically there - but then, usability sucks if I have to dive into the menu to set ISO, AF mode, metering mode and so on - all those buttons which make FF bodies also huge and partially ugly (at least not elegant) have a practical reason. Making 3...5 Fn buttons is not that helpful. It's just transfering the decision to the user and showing, they basically have no genuine idea about camera manufacturing.  Smile

Quote:I know about the ergonomics, that is why I like my 6D. So I agree on that. 

Actually, all you need to do is sit down for a bit, to get to know the options and possibilities. No camera make uses the same set-up, and even between models significant differences may exist, with some manufacturers in any case.

With MFT you may reprogram the buttons to your personal liking, and you can even save such set-ups. There also are custom settings available, accessible by the Mode-dial, just like with e.g. Canon.

It is always possible to leave the default settings as they are, and they are just as easy to use as any other camera. Even with my Canon 5D II I get lost in the menus occasionally, even though I like the ergonomics as well. However, IMO it is horses for courses - I don't have a problem with smaller cameras, despite my relatively big size hands. In the past I shot mostly with cameras like the Pentax ME and MX, and I would love for FF cameras to be that size again. essentially about the same size as MFT cameras Wink.

I do not miss those days, however, as digital cameras nowadays are so much more capable than our old film slrs were, and lenses have evolved so much, there is no comparison there either.

Kind regards, Wim

Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 08:44 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-21-2016, 11:02 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 12:43 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 09:04 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-22-2016, 11:39 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 12-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by wim - 12-24-2016, 11:51 PM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-22-2017, 08:37 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 03:23 AM
Canon 6D successor will be a mirrorless full frame camera - by davidmanze - 01-24-2017, 09:22 AM