Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viltrox lens roadmap
See attachment

The 13mm f/1.4 sounds cool.

Attached Files
.png   viltrox_rm.png (Size: 264.19 KB / Downloads: 24)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
You beat me to it ;-)

Indeed, this 13mm 1.4 seems VERY interesting and quite unique in APS-C land !

Also, I'm very eager to see how the 23mm f1.4 performs. At $330, it's a very tempting offering :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Very interesting, especially the 56 f1.4. If it has a nice bokeh and af works well I am very tempted to get one, a lighter option to Fuji 56 f1.2.
I wonder why they are releasing the 85mm II for full frame. I don't own the curren version but from what I've read everywhere it seems a fine lens for the price.

As for the other new lenses for Sony full frame, I'm hoping the 35mm f1.8 is good enough as an alternative to the Sony (I'm assuming it will be significantly cheaper).

Anyway, i find it impressive the quantity of f1.8 primes they will release in the next months.
I am wondering why nothing but primes...
a cheap standard zoom is most needed in Sony APS-C
the cheapest is OEM Sony 16-50 at 300$ and it has nothing good except its tiny size...
Tamron 18-200 is already 600$...
knowing Sony 16-50 isn't a reliable lens, and it is prone to malfunctioning .... even those who are buying it as a kit lens will soon need a replacement, and I doubt they will be ready to buy the same lens again
Because it is much easier to design and manufacture primes. And less people are inclined to buy "yet another" standard zoom than the one they already bought with the camera, as "kit"?
Ju
(05-02-2020, 02:17 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Because it is much easier to design and manufacture primes. And less people are inclined to buy "yet another" standard zoom than the one they already bought with the camera, as "kit"?
Just said the kit is rather expensive they can easily make much cheaper, and it is known to break down easily, so you have a market for it
There haven't been any kit zoom replacements from the "third-party" manufacturers in ages (the last one was the Sigma 18-50/3.5-5.6 that I had the "misfortune" of using back in the Nikon days, circa 2005). Precisely because no one would buy a lens like this, enough is being dispensed in bundles. At the very least, the off-brand standard zooms are faster or longer (or both) than the typical entry level fare.
The 23/1.4 and 33/1.4 are here now for testing. Haven't started yet but it's a good guess that the JP manufacturers should get nervous ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(05-03-2020, 11:01 PM)Klaus Wrote: The 23/1.4 and 33/1.4 are here now for testing. Haven't started yet but it's a good guess that the JP manufacturers should get nervous ...

Which one will you test first?
Any guess as to when it will be published? ;-)
Can't wait!
--Florent

Flickr gallery