Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relaxing of confinement here in France tomorrow ........
Tomorrow sees the start of the second phase of the French public's confinement orders ....... so as from midnight tonight we will have the right to travel up to a distance of 100 Kms without having to carry an .....

"Attestation de Déplacement Dérogatoire"

The previous conditions apply ..... social distancing, masks where applicable and hand washing etc. 

To me, this means I can now go out and continue my bird shooting at my local haunts unaffected ....... most are within a radius of 20kms or so ....... they are also far removed from people and run a far lesser risk of contamination than any small shopping trip could ever do.     

I've been climbing up the walls with boredom and judging by others, things are hard for everybody ... especially those who cannot attend their places of work ....

Signs here of improvement in the situation?  Yes, but it would be foolish to be blasé at this early stage ........ we are still in the world of the unknown .....

Good health to you all and stay safe .........  OL included !!
Sounds nice. Indeed, some activity like yours is rather safe, safer than a shopping trip as you say. I think the rigorous lock-down rules were imposed, because there are too many unreasonable people out there. It's amazing to see how many people stream to a beach or lakeside (in the news, not from personal experience), as soon as it's opened. If everybody would adhere to good rules (keep distance, wear masks in confined spaces, keep you social interactions to a limited fixed small number of people, rigorous testing and quarantine if needed, etc.) one could be more open like e.g. South Korea without a complete lock-down.
(05-10-2020, 02:12 PM)photonius Wrote: Sounds nice. Indeed, some activity like yours is rather safe, safer than a shopping trip as you say. I think the rigorous lock-down rules were imposed, because there are too many unreasonable people out there. It's amazing to see how many people stream to a beach or lakeside (in the news, not from personal experience), as soon as it's opened. If everybody would adhere to good rules (keep distance, wear masks in confined spaces, keep you social interactions to a limited fixed small number of people, rigorous testing and quarantine if needed, etc.) one could be more open like e.g. South Korea without a complete lock-down.

The   "Attestation de Déplacement Dérogatoire" gives the chance to go shopping, or a one hour walk not further than 1Km .... there are also authorised work de-restrictions ......  outside of that you are subject to a 135 euro fine ....... 1300 euro for a second offence .....

.... so with the many Police controls and nobody allowed on the beaches and "no social interactions outside the home" (without special authorisation) 

the population have respected these restrictions within this period ...... with the streets empty ...... I'm sure there will be many out tomorrow ..... 

The positive side, with far less people you will see much more birds...and some landscapes look better without the usual crowd.

Things to keep in consideration when wearing a mask and looking through the viewfinder you will have condensation on the viewfinder (EVF or OVF) so keep this is mind anyway a mask is pointless when you are in the wilderness away from people.

As a healthcare professional I wasn't affected for my movements with the coronavirus lock down though
(05-11-2020, 06:47 AM)toni-a Wrote: The positive side, with far less people you will see much more birds...and some landscapes look better without  the usual crowd.

Things to keep in consideration when wearing a mask and looking through the viewfinder you will have condensation on the viewfinder (EVF or OVF) so keep this is mind anyway a mask is pointless when you are in the wilderness away from people.

As a healthcare professional I wasn't affected for my movements  with the coronavirus lock down though

Where I go there are almost no people anyway ...... and I won't need to wear a mask .......... having said all that, it's raining cats and dogs here ......
I like cats and dogs photos...
(05-11-2020, 07:38 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I like cats and dogs photos...

Of course CADIF ....... that's how it rains in Holland !!   Smile
Enjoy! We in Austria had restrictions eased, and it is nice to finally go outside, and go out of town! Have fun! Honestly, it has been good without all the tourist, but this also comes at a cost.
We were doing really really well here.... till two weeks ago some idiots decided it was time for politically motivated street manifestations and gatherings....
worst to push people to go on the streets, some illogical moves by central bank have lead to a crazy inflation, to give you an ideaI bought EOSRP for 2.000.000 LBP in may 2019 today it costs 5.500.000 LBP... politicians can be sometimes absolute criminals...

Worst, last week someone coming back from Africa found it was a good idea to have a family gathering to celebrate him coming back home despite strict recommendation of 14 days home quarantine, he contaminated 23 persons so far... OTOH the medical teams here are doing an excellent job tracing contacts and asking authorities for suspected cases isolation, plenty of our hotels are now used for quarantine purposes, we have successfully managed till now several local outbreaks, if we manage the new one in Northern Lebanon, that would be a great achievements, for now it is still within our reach

(05-11-2020, 07:38 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: I like cats and dogs photos...
Tashirojima japan is a good destnation once restrictions are lifted.
if you like we have thousands of stray cats and dogs here, I can be an excellent guide for such a project, every time I post a new photo at the local photography club the classic comment " please not another cat photo...."
If that's OK with you we can restart parties and have a cats and dogs photography party Smile

.jpg   DSCF5315.jpg (Size: 489.38 KB / Downloads: 15)
.jpg   DSCF5389.jpg (Size: 458.07 KB / Downloads: 14)
.jpg   DSCF6175.jpg (Size: 376.63 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   DSCF6192 1.jpg (Size: 481.98 KB / Downloads: 13)  In Sweden restrictions have not been so hard. We have been allowed to go out all the time.

Walking in the forest is pretty safe, so we have spent a lot of time in the surrounding landscape, and discovered many new places (new for us) not too far from my home. Here are a few photos from Mars and April. The photos are from Järna, about 50 km sv of Stocholm.