Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clunky X mount normal ?
...thank you for your reply...

...the lens shifts aboot 1mm back and forth (?) on the mount...it is not like it is loose or wiggles...

...the 18-55 is the same tightness and shifts the same if you grasp the body but not the zoom ring...

...the tech guy @ Fuji said this is normal and that his 55-200 is the same on his X body...

...I don't want the zoom ring to be so loose as to allow the lens to zoom out from gravity...I had a Cannon and a Tamron lens that did that...very annoying...I will live with the (slight) clunk...

...he went on to say that a tighter fitting lens mount could and has resulted in lenses getting stuck when the camera is exposed to high temperatures, making it difficult or impossible to remove the lens...

...I am liking this camera more each day but the display is annoying to some one used to optical viewfinders...in good light it is very hard to see much...

...that said I can already see where a full articulation display would be useful...

...now that this clunking (non)issue is sorted I can go back to worrying aboot the centering of my lenses...

...the auto focus on the 18-55 seems to favor the lower left of the frame...

Messages In This Thread
Clunky X mount normal ? - by Hapo - 05-14-2020, 12:20 AM
RE: Clunky X mount normal ? - by Hapo - 05-14-2020, 07:15 PM
RE: Clunky X mount normal ? - by mst - 05-14-2020, 11:31 PM
RE: Clunky X mount normal ? - by Hapo - 05-15-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: Clunky X mount normal ? - by Klaus - 05-16-2020, 12:51 AM