Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm f/3.5-5.6 coming
Well, you could argue that a MFT camera plus the 10-25mm f/1.7 is still more lightweight and compact than a S1 plus the 20-60mmm f/3.5-5.6. And it's a bit faster too.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(05-28-2020, 02:07 PM)Klaus Wrote: Well, you could argue that a MFT camera plus the 10-25mm f/1.7 is still more lightweight and compact than a S1 plus the 20-60mmm f/3.5-5.6. And it's a bit faster too.

Quite a bit, actually. f3.4 vs f5.6 is not shabby.
Indeed, but the difference in size might be considerable (in favor of the FF setup) the day Panasonic releases a GX version of their FF body ;-)
Also I'd consider the 20-60 a landscape lens, therefore the f5.6 at the long end doesn't bother me.
I'd typically take this 20-60 lens along a fast prime (in the 35-50 range with a f1.8 aperture).
This would be my perfect setup.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
I'd consider the 20-35mm end indeed "landscape" lens, and 50-60mm normal focal length, where at times the extra 1 1/3rd of a stop can come in handy, and save me from needing to take along a 50/55mm faster prime every time.

I either take my 35-70mm f3.5-4.5 and 20mm f3.5 with me, or a 55mm f1.2 and 20mm f3.5. So I can kinda relate.
Toni - please don't embed images of foreign copyrights here.

Linking them is Ok but not embedding them.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(05-20-2020, 07:00 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: Doh! Didn't realize this was a FF lens (I came here from a link in my email without paying attention to the forum name).
I take it back: it's a very very interesting range of focal lengths. In fact, I'd love to have such a range for my Fuji system :-)
A nice differentiator compared to what's offered by other systems.
And the lens seems quite compact too.

Fujinon XC 15-45. Not exactly the same, but quite close.
You just can't have too many lenses...
(06-12-2020, 02:53 PM)faint Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 07:00 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: Doh! Didn't realize this was a FF lens (I came here from a link in my email without paying attention to the forum name).
I take it back: it's a very very interesting range of focal lengths. In fact, I'd love to have such a range for my Fuji system :-)
A nice differentiator compared to what's offered by other systems.
And the lens seems quite compact too.

Fujinon XC 15-45. Not exactly the same, but quite close.

Somewhat, but not really comparable:

• 15mm is really 23mm FF equiv so 3mm short
  • Not very good optically (good toward the wide end but bad at the long end)
  • Bad build quality with a plastic mount
  • Electric zooming: to me the worse aspect of this lens; I simply hate it
I briefly had one of these because the range was interesting with a slightly wider FOV.
I resold it after a couple of weeks and don't regret it one bit.
--Florent

Flickr gallery