Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lenstip review of the Nikkor Z 24-70 f/4
https://www.lenstip.com/585.1-Lens_revie...ction.html
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Summary:

A good all round kit lens which is viable when you buy it with Z FF camera ..

Off topic: 

Lenstip like to use the word "fastness" (I didn't see it in this review but) 
....... eg. the F2 lens has a better fastness than an F2.8 ...... 

...... in the above fastness would mean "not changing" .. as in "my blue T shirt is colour-fast" ... will hold it's colour after washing ... or ..... the ship is tied up fast to the quay.  ie. it cannot move.

"Fastness  therefore means unchanging and bears "no" relation to speed ....... and is rarely used in common English.

the F2 lens is faster than the F2.8 .... is the right way!

Maybe Markus might like that?
Their English is peculiar. I don't know Polish, of course, but they seem to be using grammar from their native language a lot of times when writing in English. It's sometimes apparent as the word order in the Slav languages is usually a lot more flexible, and they seem to stick to the rules of their native tongue instead of those found in English.

Mind you, I can't hope to be perfect in this regard either...
English is a "flexible" language anyway ;-)

Best illustrated in this image https://i.redd.it/5t14m5ntxq1y.png

Just think of the mysteries around the pronunciation of words/characters such as ...
* route
* privacy
* z
* appreciate
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
let's add american and canadian english to the mix.

- tomato
- schedule
- missile
- about
--Florent

Flickr gallery
It's tough in a drought to plough throughout, which wrought nought to the ground and bought not a trough. I sat on a bough looked out at the lough, with a cough I cried "I've brought no dough though I ought" ...... but I've my borough though, so I dreadnought!......
                     enough!
(06-17-2020, 01:52 PM)davidmanze Wrote: It's tough in a drought to plough throughout, which wrought nought to the ground and bought not a trough. I sat on a bough looked out at the lough, with a cough I cried "I've brought no dough though I ought" ...... but I've my borough though, so I dreadnought!......
                     enough!

Fabulous!!! ahhahahahahha

What I love with the English language is how one can make verbs out of everything: "Let's google this", "I have facebooked you", or a classic (censured) one: f...k these f...g f...ers!
--Florent

Flickr gallery
Rookies ...

Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitaen (German)

Captain of a steamship on the river Donau

In German, you can concatenate nouns at will. Like Donau + Dampfschifffahrt + Kapitaen

Donaudampfschifffahrtskapitaensmuetzenknopf

The knob on the cap of the captain of a steamship on the river Donau

Technically there is no limit on the size of a German word. But I reckon at some stage you may have forgotten already where you started. ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Great one, David, (censored) inf..kingcredible! Wink

(06-17-2020, 02:22 PM)Klaus Wrote: Technically there is no limit on the size of a German word. But I reckon at some stage you may have forgotten already where you started. ;-)

Not only on the size of words, but sentences, too Wink The habit of putting the subject and verb at the opposing ends of a sentence, while also embedding a truckload of additional clauses and sentences in-between, regularly drives translators nuts Wink

Recommended read for those interested in more details: Mark Twain's essay "The awful German language" Wink

Btw., there is a german word that describes the fear or phobia of (using) long words:

Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobie
Editor
opticallimits.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muP_pP3Em2o