Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Olympus 8-25 f4 Pro lens
Olympus just added the 8-25 f4 Pro lens to their roadmap.
That's an awesome focal length for traveling, too bad Olympus is going under :-(

Let's hope it will be compact.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
The pro in the name does not reflect in the very small max. aperture (f8 FF equivalent), but it probably will reflect in the price and complexity (if it comes to market).
It does have a nice focal length range, akin to the leaked Panasonic S 20-60mm f3.5-5.6 and the rumoured Canon RF 18-45mm IS STM. A new trend, UWA to normal zoomlenses.
Well, it has to be cheaper than the Panaleica 10-25mm f/1.7 - and it's certainly more compact.

I suppose they are in panic mode now because they updated the lens roadmap for a 2nd time this year.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(07-02-2020, 08:54 AM)Klaus Wrote: Well, it has to be cheaper than the Panaleica 10-25mm f/1.7 - and it's certainly more compact.

I suppose they are in panic mode now because they updated the lens roadmap for a 2nd time this year.
Well, panic mode is relative. It may well be in response to all the negative publicity recently, but Olympus did say they will go ahead with their business as usual.

They also announced that the 150-400 F/4.5 Pro will be available this winter.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
I noticed em5III has the 12-45/f4 pro as a kit option.

My thought is, whether Oly goes under or not, is I'll be using my gear for enough years that if I was in need of a UW zoom, this would be high on the list. I used a 2n long after it wasn't made anymore.
The 8-24mm f/4 would be a great addition to my 12-100mm f/4 but will JIP really release it ...
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Too much overlap, Klaus. :-)
I was thinking of dumping my Canon gear for mft but I would've probably gone with the Panasonic 8-18 + 25/1.4 + Olympus 40-150 though.
For myself, lots of time is 8-18, 56 and 35-100/2.8. Even without of ~normal FOV, easily work with gap between 18 and 35.