Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leica M10-R announced
Hm, why use a rangefinder camera then at all?

(07-19-2020, 10:34 AM)obican Wrote: 50mm Summilux and Summicron APO are on completely different levels, the price difference is somewhat understandable.

Well, strongly biased personal opinion: I find neither the price difference nor the general price level understandable, especially for the Summicron APO 50. If I sold everything with M-mount in my bag (covering 15 to 135mm) I'd still have to add a lot of money on top to buy that lens. A normal prime.

Ok, full disclosure: I rarely ever use 50mm lenses.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Maybe he'll buy a Summicron 90 in the future but until then, why not use what you have? He has some really nice 35mm and 50mm lenses for that camera so why carry another just to have a longer focal length?

Regarding the 50mm APO, I think the end price is silly as well. I'd be happiest with a v4 Summicron 50 (one with the focus tab) and a Tele-Elmarit-M 90/2.8, which is quite a cheap lens. But some people can spend almost 9k for a lens and they want the best, so the 50 APO is there for them. I actually know someone who owns that lens because he wanted the sharpest (yet practical) 50mm lens to use on his Sony A7R2. He can afford it so, why not?