Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbook Pro display backlit went the way of the Dodo
I admit to being partial to Mac's. Yes, they are epxensive, but the ones I own(ed)/used lasted rather than Windows counterparts average. Yes, once a screen failure on an iMac, was replaced quickly under warranty. Once a hard disk in another iMac after 4.5 years, which was replaced relatively easily. That iMac is now 5 years old and just works fine. On the windows side, there seem to be more problems, at least at the work place. The average lifetime of the windows laptops or PCs is less. So, that needs to be factored into cost as well. I used once a small inexpensive notebook, with Windows 8. It was a joke that such a machine was even sold. After 1 year of very casual use, with very few installed programs, (only firefox and one other app), the computer froze basically up, because the hard disk was full. Even right from the start, some web sites were painfully slow to load. So that is what you get when you buy a cheap computer.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macbook Pro display backlit went the way of the Dodo - by photonius - 08-11-2020, 10:10 PM