Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macbook Pro display backlit went the way of the Dodo
(08-12-2020, 06:30 AM)faint Wrote: If you don't need portability, you can easily build your own PC and upgrade it as needed. More reliable, servicable, and cheaper to maintain.

Yup, that's what I've been doing since I was a teenager... until at some point I noticed that I spend most of the time at the PC with administration, updating drivers, defragmenting disks, running and checking backups and sync copies, checking logs, looking for alternatives for some parts of the PC that might be outdated or I suspected to be the cause for real or imagined issues... instead of actually getting work done with the PC.

It was fun, for a while, and it taught me a lot, but I honestly don't miss it.

(08-11-2020, 10:10 PM)photonius Wrote: I admit to being partial to Mac's. Yes, they are epxensive, but the ones I own(ed)/used lasted rather than Windows counterparts  average.

That is my experience, too. Yes, they are expensive, but also keep a much higher resale value than an average PC, which levels the initial purchasing costs a little. And on average, at least for me, Macs give a much longer average usage period than I was used to from PCs.

I retired my Mac Pro 3,1 last year. Bought it new in 2008. So got 11 years of service, mostly without issues. Would probably still use it if it ran newer versions of macOS.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: Macbook Pro display backlit went the way of the Dodo - by mst - 08-12-2020, 09:44 AM