Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird report, R5 overheating is fake, it's a deliberate software limit..
(08-22-2020, 07:52 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: To change the subject for a bit, I think I spotted a Minolta 58mm f1.2 in a 2nd hand store window, peeking out from a camera bag. The reason I think it might be that lens is that it could not have been much longer than a standard lens, appeared to have a metal knurled focus ring, and the lens info written on the barrel.focus ring outside the lens cap. I think the bag was priced €35... I wonder if I should go for it?
If the going price is what I have seen over the past few years, I would not recommend it. It isn't really all that good, old design after all, unless you really want the look. And for almost the same price you could actually get a good, used EF 50 F/1.2L these days, and they are more fun IMO. Plus, they do amazingly well in macro mode with extension rings.

Kind regards, Wim

(08-22-2020, 04:01 PM)davidmanze Wrote: Wim wrote:

....... "TBVH, I do not really care at all - I am a stills shooter" ........

....... Ah ....... don't care at all ....... just rally to your patriot brand in times of war I suppose ?........ that Canon call of duty
Smile Smile Smile
<ROFL>

Well, I only reply if I think the world out there is overdoing it, and if it is a brand I know a little about because I use it Smile.

Is that a call of duty? Maybe just a reaction against what these days is called "Trumpism" Tongue.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird report, R5 overheating is fake, it's a deliberate software limit.. - by wim - 08-22-2020, 08:15 PM