Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weird report, R5 overheating is fake, it's a deliberate software limit..
(08-22-2020, 08:46 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: Where can you get a EF 50mm f1.2 L for €35? :-O
€35? Wowzers. You're sure that that i snot a misprint? Last time I checked they went for over € 500, and that was about 9 months ago .... The F/1.2 that is. Are you sure it is not an F/1.4?

You'd also need to add in either an adapter for mirrorless, or a conversion if you'd want to use it on a Canon dslr.

Anyway, if it is an F/1.2, go for it, at that price Smile. Provided of course you will use it Smile.
I have actually bought a couple of MF lenses in the past, and adapted, and ended up never really using them beyond a couple of test shots. Sold them on since, but won't do that again. The only MF lenses I will use are macro lenses and tilt-shift lenses, basically lenses which allow for relaxed and/or thoughtful shooting Smile.

Kind regards, Wim
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Weird report, R5 overheating is fake, it's a deliberate software limit.. - by wim - 08-22-2020, 11:35 PM