Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That Canon link is now linking to the Nikon Z9 sports camera
(10-08-2020, 03:13 PM)wim Wrote: Please do tell, how does a sportsphotigrapher switch on a camera?
My experience is that the camera is switched on, then brought up toeye level. That easily takes 0.6 s to 1 s or even more with a heavy lens. Between switching a camera on and actually operating it, 1 s is absolutely negligible.

Especially with a long lens, the camera is usually resting on a monopod. So either switched on by default (draining battery in case of a ML) or in standby. Where startup time is similar.

I, personally, switch off the camera regularly. On the Nikons, the On/Off switch is at your index fingertip anyway.

(10-08-2020, 03:13 PM)wim Wrote: As to getting 5000 shots out of a battery: that is without chimping, I assume.

No, that is with regular chimping.

(10-08-2020, 03:13 PM)wim Wrote: I also wonder how many of those are usable, as in, sharp - with the R5, when you have set it up for your purpose, that is about 99.8 %.

No difference to a D5. There has been reliable AF before mirrorless cameras happened Wink

(10-08-2020, 03:13 PM)wim Wrote: I really do think you need to reset your frame of reference here Smile. Looks like you are still set in the old way of thinking Wink.

Maybe, but we're discussing very specific pro photographer needs. Any sports shooter will probably have the same frame of reference, old-fashioned or not. Press photographers have similar, but not identical needs. To adress that group first with a rugged pro ML body might be the smartest approach. Could be a slightly easier target. See Sony's recent Ap deal, for example. It's a move in that direction.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Messages In This Thread
RE: That Canon link is now linking to the Nikon Z9 sports camera - by mst - 10-08-2020, 03:29 PM
Question to BC - by davidmanze - 10-09-2020, 09:24 AM