Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Teasing: Fujinon XF 16-80mm f/4
(12-24-2020, 12:47 PM)mst Wrote: fernandoj

In any case, Merry Christmas to you, too. Review will be out before the end of the year.

So review is finished and just waiting for publish button ! Btw I hope 2021 is better than 2020.
And with bit more reviews, too, esp. since the manufacturers have been churning out stuff like crazy (and like the market isn't... what it is).
(12-24-2020, 12:47 PM)mst Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:42 PM)fernandoj Wrote:
(12-24-2020, 12:12 PM)mst Wrote: I thought so. So, it's a grey import and comes without warranty. And arrives at that price only if you circumvent import duties, which is tax fraud.

You need to decide yourself if that is worth the risk.

It is true what you say.  Here in Spain there is an online store with a 1 year warranty, white box for € 509.  I'm still waiting for the lens review.  Merry Christmas !!!

That is still a very low price, lower than what is usually paid for used lenses. Sounds like it's still a gray import seller masking as a local store (eglobal maybe?).

In any case, Merry Christmas to you, too
. Review will be out before the end of the year.

Tick tock n
Still 46 hours to go where I live. Big Grin
48 where I live Wink
Editor
opticallimits.com

47 in Spain...
Next year the post will still read "Review will be out before the end of the year.". So Marcus is safe.
(12-30-2020, 07:28 AM)Colores brillantes Wrote: Next year the post will still read "Review will be out before the end of the year.". So Marcus is safe.

Upload the review this year.  Don't publish the bad news in 2021
Still a few hours left Wink

Ok, seriously, most of the review is done, only the verdict is missing. Since this is the teasing or preview thread, I'll give you the link here already:

https://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/1103_fuji1680f4ois

I'll add the verdict and officially publish later today. For now I need to spend some time preparing dinner, because for my son and me the day (and the year) ends differently than planned (but of course in a way that matches the whole year): because we both showed slight symptoms of a cold, we're in self-imposed isolation and cancelled visits we had planned for tonight. And that unfortunately means we don't get the food prepared by others we were hoping for and now need to take care of that ourselves Wink

In the meantime, I'll appreciate feedback in case you find any errors or typos. And especially regarding the images and charts, because on high resolution displays you should see higher resolution images compared to older reviews. If you don't, or if the layout is ruined or looks weird on your device, please send some feedback.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(12-31-2020, 03:59 PM)msto Wrote: Still a few hours left Wink

Ok, seriously, most of the review is done, only the verdict is missing. Since this is the teasing or preview thread, I'll give you the link here already:

https://www.opticallimits.com/fuji_x/1103_fuji1680f4ois

I'll add the verdict and officially publish later today. For now I need to spend some time preparing dinner, because for my son and me the day (and the year) ends differently than planned (but of course in a way that matches the whole year): because we both showed slight symptoms of a cold, we're in self-imposed isolation and cancelled visits we had planned for tonight. And that unfortunately means we don't get the food prepared by others we were hoping for and now need to take care of that ourselves Wink

In the meantime, I'll appreciate feedback in case you find any errors or typos. And especially regarding the images and charts, because on high resolution displays you should see higher resolution images compared to older reviews. If you don't, or if the layout is ruined or looks weird on your device, please send some feedback.

Thank you very much for your work.  I hope they improve their health and are well quickly.  Happy new year 2021.