Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 III details
ISO 1.6mio ...

Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
200, 000 yen is 1,900 dollars .........
Dave's clichés
Well, ISO 1.6 mio is total marketing nonsense.

I am quite impatient to see, how Pentax tries to get competive in autofocus/object tracking without permanently using the image sensor, like mirrorless competitors can do.

By the way, the introduction video is heavily declamatory ;-), but let's see.
Pentax' K1 II also has silly high ISO settings and heavy noise reduction from ISO ~600 and up, so them doing to same with the K3 III is not really surprising...
I'm quite amazed ...... 12 Fps .. 37 shot RAW buffer .....101 AF points ..... touch screen ....... pretty damned good for a company that insisted it didn't make sport cameras ......... now they're basing their livelihood on them .......
 Interesting to see how the K3III will perform !!
Dave's clichés
I love the grip actually (based on what you can see on the image). Nicely angled dial and the on/off switch where it should be.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Pentax ergonomics / body handling has always been great. Preferred compared to other (D)SLR makers in my experience. I expect new body would keep up with that tradition.
(10-28-2020, 08:48 AM)MatjazO Wrote: Pentax ergonomics / body handling has always been great. Preferred compared to other (D)SLR makers in my experience. I expect new body would keep up with that tradition.

Fully agree with this statement.
Pentax' K5 ergonomics and operations were the best at the time.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
AFAIK Pentax autofocus especially for sports isn't on par with what Canon and Nikon offer, nor do they have the lenses for sports why are they targeting this niche ??
(10-29-2020, 10:52 AM)toni-a Wrote: AFAIK Pentax autofocus especially for sports isn't on par with what Canon and Nikon offer, nor do they have the lenses for sports why are they targeting this niche ??

..... because Pentaxians deserve it ....... they really do !!

....... better a larger niche!
Dave's clichés

• 1(current)
  • Next