•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pentax K-3 III details
(03-28-2021, 01:31 PM)Kunzite Wrote: That's reality denial. The feature is implemented and working.

Uhm, yeah... and even videos proving the opposite can't change your solid opinion Wink

Well, keep looking forward to the Pentax eye-AF then, I dismissed this approach years ago for my own photography.
Editor
opticallimits.com

(03-28-2021, 01:26 PM)mst Wrote: Nope, I know the feature. In fact, the video pretty much proves the points I made above and matches my experience: in many cases, the AF is not spot-on.

With a Z6 or Z7, it would.

So I had to check didn't I ??  ..... that way I can see for myself ......

D500 + AF-S 50mm F1.8G @ F1.8 ....... auto area mode ...... spot on the eye !!

D750 + above                   @F1.8 .......  nailed the eye again ........  

..... sorry the eye detect works fine
(03-28-2021, 01:48 PM)davidmanze Wrote:  ..... sorry the eye detect works fine

With a moving target, in all cases?

Sorry, but my experiences were different, even with the D5. And the keeper rate on a mirrorless camera is definitely higher. Especially with a moving target (kids, pets, etc.)
Editor
opticallimits.com

(03-28-2021, 01:52 PM)mst Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 01:48 PM)davidmanze Wrote:  ..... sorry the eye detect works fine

With a moving target, in all cases?

Sorry, but my experiences were different, even with the D5. And the keeper rate on a mirror-less camera is definitely higher. Especially with a moving target (kids, pets, etc.)

I think the fact that it had eye detect at all was rather good don't you ?? from a camera that came out in 2014 ...... no one was proposing it was capable of swallows in flight .......

however, just for the record "it is there" in the D500/D750/D850/D6/D5 .....
Well, yes, it is there (no surprise, it wasn't a secret Wink ), but to add to the record: it is certainly not on the same level as what the Z cameras (or Sony A-series or Canon RF) can do. That was my whole point.

If you want to rely on it, you'll find it does not work properly with many subjects. Unlike eye-detect in most mirrorless cameras.
Editor
opticallimits.com

I propose that we quit the negative thoughts about what the K3 III might be able to do or not ......

..... and see what the camera actually can do ......... and comment on it's performance afterwards ... were a long way from knowing much and are talking like we know it all.   

...and we don't !!
(03-28-2021, 01:43 PM)mst Wrote:
(03-28-2021, 01:31 PM)Kunzite Wrote: That's reality denial. The feature is implemented and working.

Uhm, yeah... and even videos proving the opposite can't change your solid opinion Wink

Well, keep looking forward to the Pentax eye-AF then, I dismissed this approach years ago for my own photography.
Yet the only videos posted here proved what I said... implemented and working.

I am looking forward to the new Pentax cameras (not necessarily the eye AF, although I'd want to try and see how useful it is). I'm looking forward to new Pentax DSLRs.
And honestly, you have no saying in this (just like I have no saying in your purchase decisions). You cannot dismiss my choice; you can only choose differently - the latter is fine, the former isn't.

(03-28-2021, 03:20 PM)davidmanze Wrote: I propose that we quit the negative thoughts about what the K3 III might be able to do or not ......

..... and see what the camera actually can do ......... and comment on it's performance afterwards ... were a long way from knowing much and are talking like we know it all.   

...and we don't !!
What a revolutionary idea! Wink
This discussion is getting "a little" weird ... LOL

I'm sure the K-3 III will be a welcome sign of life for the remaining Pentax community - regardless of its engineering complexities. The pricing will be key to its success I reckon.

I'm wondering how to interpret the fact that this an APS-C body. CaNikon have basically left this segment a couple of years ago only releasing some half-hearty "new" cameras.
The K-3 III seems to be especially small so Fuji and their pseudo-DSLR designs may be a target.
But what does this mean for Pentax FF with its slim lens lineup?

Anyway, it's amazing that Pentax still exists, and let's be thankful for that. The market needs some quirky offerings. Leica M does still exist, too - despite all odds.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(03-28-2021, 09:27 PM)Klaus Wrote: This discussion is getting "a little" weird ... LOL

I'm sure the K-3 III will be a welcome sign of life for the remaining Pentax community - regardless of its engineering complexities. The pricing will be key to its success I reckon.

I'm wondering how to interpret the fact that this an APS-C body. CaNikon have basically left this segment a couple of years ago only releasing some half-hearty "new" cameras.
The K-3 III seems to be especially small so Fuji and their pseudo-DSLR designs may be a target.
But what does this mean for Pentax FF with its slim lens lineup?

Anyway, it's amazing that Pentax still exists, and let's be thankful for that. The market needs some quirky offerings. Leica M does still exist, too - despite all odds.

Exactly, we had plenty of time to decry the rate at which Pentax releases products ....... so this release is surely cause for applause .....  

....... regardless whether MLC's eye detect is better !!
And this release is getting closer:
"It seems that the PENTAX K-3 Mark III will be officially announced at the end of this month and go on sale around the end of next month.
It's been a really long time since the development announcement, and it's a new record, but that's typical of PENTAX. But it's good. The price is a little high, but considering the "various circumstances," I guess it can't be helped. It's a little plain, but it's a good camera with a serious and responsive feel.

Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)"
https://twitter.com/thisistanaka/status/...9316296704

•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next