Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new compact L-/E-mount lenses from Sigma
You know you want to get a new camera... Before L-mount goes the way of the Dodo!
My life's goal is to have a Leica anyway ;-) And Leica won't abandon the L-mount.

Besides ... EOS M is first ;-) ... and all DSLR systems.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Easier would be going with E mount. Yet, much more interesting should be to try them with L mount camera. ;-)
(11-25-2020, 10:55 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: Great news, but this 65mm is puzzling me. I find it either too short for portraits or too long for "normal".
Why not a 50mm or a bit longer ~80mm?
Also, these 3 lenses all have different thread diameters... not very smart and definitely annoying.
What was Sigma thinking? I don't get it.

Hi Florent, Sigma offers 45mm already.

(11-26-2020, 08:17 AM)Klaus Wrote: My life's goal is to have a Leica anyway ;-) And Leica won't abandon the L-mount.

Besides ... EOS M is first ;-) ... and all DSLR systems.

M, SL, S?
Or all of the above?
The funny thing is - while most manufacturers are struggling, Leica is not.

I've just had a look at their financials.

While they saw a little decrease in revenue in FY2019 to 440M EUR (down 18M), they are still profitable at 21M EUR.

So it feels unlikely that any of their lineups will go away soon.

With all manufacturers now focusing on the high end of the market, it's the place where Leica has always been.

In all seriousness - if their 24-90 wasn't that heavy I probably would have sold my soul and go for it. Nirvana always had a price tag.
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
Well, mirrorless cameras make differences in coverglass optical path length way more obvious. Can't stop addressing the elephant in the room on the L-mount, where Leica and Panasonic just took vastly different approaches. The actual mount may be the same, but the optical path is not. Some lenses may behave vastly different on different cameras, some - less so...
You just can't have too many lenses...