Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting ...
The discussion about the EOS 5Ds R is a bit funny to me.

I've had this discussion with the Sony troops for years regarding the NEX 7. The NEX 7 has a 24mp APS-C sensor - the pixel density is equiv to a 56mp full format sensor (there it is again EQUIVALENCY! ;-) ) ... which explains a lot regarding the border quality issues on that system.

Klaus

Any plan of re-test the EF 70-200 F2.8is II and EF70-200 F4 IS with 5DSR?

Quote:Any plan of re-test the EF 70-200 F2.8is II and EF70-200 F4 IS with 5DSR?

With a new 70-200mm f/2.8 on the horizon ? Nope.
Well, bummer... I thought the 70-200/2.8 IS II could have been a great reference lens if retested on 50 MP. A few other lenses that could serve this purpose are the 16-35/4, the 24-70 II, the 35A and the 50A.

A new 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM will be some time into the future still. Just because Nikkor had to update theirs due to various factors (change to electronic aperture in the line, the strong focal length loss) and finally caught up with the Canon and Sony does not automatically mean a new Canon?

Quote:A new 70-200mm f2.8 L IS USM will be some time into the future still. Just because Nikkor had to update theirs due to various factors (change to electronic aperture in the line, the strong focal length loss) and finally caught up with the Canon and Sony does not automatically mean a new Canon?
 Even now it's an epic lens!
http://photorumors.com/2016/11/16/canon-...f2-8-lens/

Canon will not do it to deliver something substantially better. They will do it in order to have a reason for a much higher price tag.

Same goes for the 24-70mm f/2.8.

I don't see how I can do re-testing at the moment. There's just too much stuff out there. 

Well, between the new reviews and re-tests... of course you know what I'd choose. Smile