Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Viltrox AF lenses for Z mount
(05-20-2021, 06:22 PM)davidmanze Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 03:28 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: So you want the tradition of small slim mirror-less bodies to be gone? ;-)

What was the biggest problem with earlier Sony A7 ML cameras ?? ........ the piddly battery !! ...... so they put in a bigger one ......... did anybody complain ....... 

......... nobody !! ........... did anybody cheer ??....

.........  everybody !!  ............

But the body remained slim and small (and unergonomic, so enough to complain still :-D
The EOS R6 and R5 have small CIPA battery ratings. At least they have their ergonomics in order.

Since we are waaaays off topic by now anyway:
I realised something about the weird Sony nomenclature... The higher the number, the higher in rank the body sits. A3x00 < A5x00 < A6x00
A7 < A9. So that A1....
(05-20-2021, 06:41 PM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 06:22 PM)davidmanze Wrote:
(05-20-2021, 03:28 PM)Brightcolours Wrote: So you want the tradition of small slim mirror-less bodies to be gone? ;-)

What was the biggest problem with earlier Sony A7 ML cameras ?? ........ the piddly battery !! ...... so they put in a bigger one ......... did anybody complain ....... 

......... nobody !! ........... did anybody cheer ??....

.........  everybody !!  ............

But the body remained slim and small (and unergonomic, so enough to complain still :-D
The EOS R6 and R5 have small CIPA battery ratings. At least they have their ergonomics in order.

Since we are waaaays off topic by now anyway:
I realized something about the weird Sony nomenclature... The higher the number, the higher in rank the body sits. A3x00 < A5x00 < A6x00
A7 < A9. So that A1....

Whatever the situation, a deeper/ wider handgrip, (depending on the orientation of the battery) is a price worth paying, especially as it's a camera that has blogging abilities (face forward screen) ........ 

...... anyway, it is what it is!!

I doubt Sony had any inkling but ........ A1 means perfect !!