Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canon RF 14-35mm f4 L (IS?) USM is the next RF lens to be announced.
it seems to be quite compact
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
It looks to be "normal" size:

[Image: 6FF2C3EE9C7F444CB6E44C61931E0D03.jpg]
From left to right: Canon RF 15-35mm f2.8 L IS USM, Canon RF 14-35mm f4 L IS USM, Sony Zeiss FE 16-35mm f4 ZA OSS, Sony FE 12-24mm f4 G, Nikkor Z 14-30mm f4 S, Panasonic S PRO 16-35mm f4.
Looks like a no-brainer then (for anyone who is into the RF system, that is...) - almost too good to be true (and this from a user who swears by his EF 16-35/4 L IS lens). I wonder what's the catch then? Off the charts vignetting? CA?
The vignetting will be high because of UWA, and mirrorless. CA will be low like other "recent" Canon UWA zooms.
I suppose the catch is ... the price tag.

Most everything is expensive in the RF system with the almost nonexistent third-party input. I guess we should get used to it.
(06-25-2021, 11:53 AM)Rover Wrote: Most everything is expensive in the RF system with the almost nonexistent third-party input. I guess we should get used to it.

You can always use a Canon adapter with EF-mount glass ....

Basically, what has been done up to now by the 3rd party manufacturers who did supply an RF-mount lens is effectivly an EF-interface anyway.
Until they figure out how to properly deal with an RF-interface, they could indeed just as well provide an EF-mount lens.

As to expensive: it is relative. It is a lot of money, expensive is an opinion Smile. Owning both an RF 85L and an RF 50L all I can say is that they are worth it in my book. Smile
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....
In other news: Samyang appears to have stopped the RF lenses.
Don't say that to me - I have a Samyang RF here for testing ...

Yeah it is pretty weird, and no actual reason has been given.