Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 STM IS
TBVH, it looks better than de EF equivalents. Yes, in RAW it actually vignettes badly, but from what I have seen elsewhere it actually has a larger AoV at the 24 mm position than a 24 mm lens, and the jpeg conversion crops the image to 24 mm.

IOW, it is meant as a lens for jpegs, which is just fine for its intended user group, especially at the price. It sells for € 349 over here, the RF 50 F/1.8 for € 229, and the RF 35 Macro for € 529. From that POV it is actually very reasonably priced.

For nerds like ourselves here it doesn't cut the mustard, but just like creating a good image depends more on the skills of the photographetr than the equipment used, it is a similar thing here. Not every home chef needs the top end of Japanese sushi knives or most expensive pans to create a good dish either.

@Rover: the RF 24-240 is a little better both in RAW and jpeg than this 24-105. I shoudl know - I own one as a single do-all walk -around lens ....

No, these lenses are not L-lenses, but considering what they can do and their prices, I wouldn't expect that either. They are more than good enough for casual shots, though.
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report: Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 STM IS - by wim - 07-02-2021, 12:22 PM