Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens lab test - Tamron 35mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2
What is an editors English? And what did I get wrong? I know I typed "en" instead of "an" somewhere.

You are trying to "correct" me because it is me, and then you write "...  it's edgy aperture form becomes more prominent/dominant from F5.6 onwards."
Mistakes:
  1. "it's". It is?? No, "its".
  2. edgy aperture. I explained that edgy is wrong. The circle is just as edgy. Klaus is objecting not to the edge, but to the shape, or the amount of corners. It goes from a circular shape to a heptagonal shape. So he can choose which direction he wants to go, he can complain about the shape (heptagon, or "seven sided aperture" as to not confuse simpletons, but then "aperture" might also have to be simplified to "opening") or the straight aperture blades creating distracting bokeh.
  3. aperture form? No, aperture shape.

And Dave... No trigonometry was involved in anything I wrote (I guess you must have meant geometry?), and the only even slightly diatribe-ical post made appears to be yours? Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens lab test - Tamron 35mm f/2.8 Di III OSD M1:@ - by Brightcolours - 07-12-2021, 07:01 AM