Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An R7 with APS-C sensor to be released?
Canon execs themselves don't know yet if they will launch APS-C RF camera since they are still doing market research... So it's not in the immediate future.for birding a high megapixel sensor even if noisy would do the trick, but it's unlikely Canon would launch such a sensor since they will be roasted by reviewers and the expected low rating it will have, the same pixel density on a cropped sensor is better accepted unfortunately
(07-22-2021, 11:19 PM)toni-a Wrote: Canon execs themselves don't know yet if they will launch APS-C RF camera since they are still doing market research... So it's not in the immediate future.for birding a high megapixel sensor even if noisy would do the trick, but it's unlikely Canon would launch such a sensor since they will be roasted by reviewers and the expected low rating it will have, the same pixel density on a cropped sensor is better accepted unfortunately

How is it you are privy to such inside information about things Canon do not know yet    ........ 

........ is this a "we've seen it here first" moment ??
Dave's clichés
Canon's current APS-C sensor is the highest resolution sensor on the APS-C market at the moment (32.5MP). Yet it is not "roasted by reviewers" and does not have "low rating".
If you use that pixel density on an FF sensor, you get a 82.5mp sensor.
(07-23-2021, 10:18 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: Canon's current APS-C sensor is the highest resolution sensor on the APS-C market at the moment (32.5MP). Yet it is not "roasted by reviewers" and does not have "low rating".
If you use that pixel density on an FF sensor, you get a 82.5mp sensor.

Exactly ...... cropping from the R6 to APSc will give you around about 8 Mps ....... say you crop to half the APSc ........ 4 Mps ....... if you cropped the same on the 90D you would have a 16 Mps image ....... a huge difference!
    Here is an image from the AF-S 600mm F4E FL VR/ TC 14E III on the D500 (1260mm) ...... this little reed warbler was around 80 mts away ......... 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

cropped, the result was a 1.1 Mp image .......

There is a very sound market for a sports/nature ML APSc body right now ......... no market research required !!
Dave's clichés
(07-23-2021, 06:58 AM)davidmanze Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 11:19 PM)toni-a Wrote: Canon execs themselves don't know yet if they will launch APS-C RF camera since they are still doing market research... So it's not in the immediate future.for birding a high megapixel sensor even if noisy would do the trick, but it's unlikely Canon would launch such a sensor since they will be roasted by reviewers and the expected low rating it will have, the same pixel density on a cropped sensor is better accepted unfortunately

How is it you are privy to such inside information about things Canon do not know yet    ........ 

........ is this a "we've seen it here first" moment ??
https://petapixel.com/2021/07/21/canon-i...it-report/
On the other hand, people have been photographing birds with FF format for decades, without "cropping". Skill, dedication, time, vs. ease maybe? Yeah, I am not a "birder". But I do understand that different folks have different wants and needs.
(Yesterday, 07:17 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: On the other hand, people have been photographing birds with FF format for decades, without "cropping". Skill, dedication, time, vs. ease maybe? Yeah, I am not a "birder". But I do understand that different folks have different wants and needs.

Yes, it's such a head scratcher ....... on FF for decades and without cropping ........ baffling really .......

...... but those were the good old days when birds were real birds and stories were real stories......... they don't make them (up) like that anymore ........
Dave's clichés