Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next OL lens test report: Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S (FX)
(09-08-2021, 07:57 AM)mst Wrote: Thanks, David. The plan is to mention focus breathing whenever it is an issue with a lens (some of the Fuji XF primes show heavy focus breathing, for example). On all of the Z f/1.8 primes, that's certainly not the case.

I'm not much into video at all, so I'll leave all the video aspects of a lens to those reviewers who have a lot more experience and knowledge in that topic. I could have check if the zooms are parfocal, though, shouldn't be too difficult. Unfortunately, all of the zooms I have had in the lab have new owners already...

Regarding that clunky sentence: thanks for the suggestion. I didn't like the sentence myself (and that clunky one was my 3rd attempt already). I'm still looking for a better description that includes and emphasizes how the lens dynamically adopts to how fast the focus ring is turned... oh, well, maybe just found it Wink

Oops Markus ...... I missed this reply .......  

how about :

"The focus motor "responds faithfully" to both rapid and slow rotations of the manual focus ring, as well as fine tune, no matter how incremental"

Of course I'll waive the copyright ............. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Next OL lens test report: Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S (FX) - by davidmanze - 09-06-2021, 07:23 AM
RE: Next OL lens test report: Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S (FX) - by davidmanze - 10-04-2021, 10:19 AM