Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nikon Z9 claims to have no rolling shutter ??
(10-30-2021, 10:19 AM)Brightcolours Wrote: So now your argument is: You take 20 to 30 shots per second, and the success of all those shots hangs in the balance between 60Hz and 120Hz viewfinders? How does that make sense to you?

The delay of the photographer is something like 1/3rd of a second for the whole sequence you start. And yet 0.016667 of a second influences the bird being framed right? That makes just no sense?

Sorry BC we seem to have such a disconnect sans progress here .... we've been here before and nothing has changed except refresh rates have got faster ...... and will continue to do so !!
A bit surreal, being stonewalled like this when pointing out the (should be) obvious (that 60Hz is so fast that it never can cause framing issues with BIF), especially surreal that I am defending the Z9, when everyone who I debate calls me a Canon fanboy and the Z9 obviously is not a Canon camera.  Big Grin

Anyway, this Nikon Z9 appears to indeed be a pretty awesome camera, where Nikon shows as big jump in its processing, performance and implementations as Canon did with the R5 and R6 (which already was pretty big), or maybe even bigger
What I wish for is a smaller body like the Z6, but with the Z9 innards :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(11-02-2021, 08:51 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: What I wish for is a smaller body like the Z6, but with the Z9 innards :-)

That would be almost an R5 ;-)
Except for the wrong mount ;-)
For my needs, the Z mount has more interesting options than RF.
--Florent

Flickr gallery
(11-02-2021, 01:19 PM)thxbb12 Wrote: Except for the wrong mount ;-)
For my needs, the Z mount has more interesting options than RF.

Yeah, I can understand that.
(11-02-2021, 08:51 AM)thxbb12 Wrote: What I wish for is a smaller body like the Z6, but with the Z9 innards :-)

A camera that is to the Z9 what the D700 was to the D3... not an unrealistic expectation, I think. It's obvious that Z is Nikon's future and that they're very serious about it, so the question might be rather 'when', not 'if'.
Editor
opticallimits.com

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well.
I'm very much looking forward to the review of the new Z 24-120 f4 :-)
--Florent

Flickr gallery