Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autumn colors posts
Quote:Thanks, Brightcolours.

The "wall" in image 4 is indeed very peculiar. What you actually see is the merging of 2 rivers: the Rhône on the left and the Arve on the right. The wall is actually underwater. I'm not sure what's its purpose but it somewhat prevents the river from mixing up too much in this area. A couple of hundred meters after this "junction" both rivers are completely mixed.

The Rhône's water is very clear and much prettier color-wise. The Arve is very muddy and grey (hasn't been filtered much by the time it hits Geneva). On the photo, in the "cloudy triangular shape" right to the wall, you can see part of the Rhône water mixing up with the Arve water.

This merging of these 2 rivers is quite unique and I'm not sure it's something very common at this scale, especially when both rivers have such different types of water.

One thing is sure: it makes for some nice photo opportunities :-)
Thanks for explaining what is in that photo, very interesting! I could not figure out how the wall seemingly blocked all that light, but it was just dirty water then.  :lol:
Quote:Very nice shot BC (although the bokeh seems a bit harsh). Very original.
Yeah, bokeh at those distances is not the best (also not the worst for large aperture "normal") from that lens. But it is passable, and for now it will do. The later 55mm f1.2 version, and the 50mm f1.2 from Nikkor are less nice, at least.  

The lens does have its qualities, and I like using it.