Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
next OL lens test report - Laowa 85mm f/5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO
Here we go ...

https://opticallimits.com/sonyalphaff/1130-laowa85f56
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
The tables show aperture f00 for all images, which is normal because no exif data from the lens, is it possible to manually write the used aperture value ??
I'm not THAT passionate about the images ;-)
Chief Editor - opticallimits.com

Doing all things Canon, MFT, Sony and Fuji
(12-14-2021, 06:58 AM)toni-a Wrote: The tables show aperture f00 for all images, which is normal because no exif data  from the lens, is it possible to manually write the used aperture value ??

It seems easier to just write the aperture values next to the file names/numbers in a little notebook, so you do not have to take a laptop with you to download the image files, read them into an EXIF-editor, change the relevant EXIF fields, and save them again. If for whatever reason you have an actual need for the exact aperture value in future (I can't really imagine one though).
(12-14-2021, 08:57 AM)Brightcolours Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 06:58 AM)toni-a Wrote: The tables show aperture f00 for all images, which is normal because no exif data  from the lens, is it possible to manually write the used aperture value ??

It seems easier to just write the aperture values next to the file names/numbers in a little notebook, so you do not have to take a laptop with you to download the image files, read them into an EXIF-editor, change the relevant EXIF fields, and save them again. If for whatever reason you have an actual need for the exact aperture value in future (I can't really imagine one though).

Why, reviewing of course... and that's it. Smile

FWIW, a few times over the course of the review "Macro" is spelled as "Marco"... in both pages 1 and 3 (just search for "Marco" to find every iteration, there used to be at least three when I first read the review).