Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autofocus Issue with Canon EOS R5
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased the Canon EOS R5 and have been thoroughly enjoying its capabilities. However, I've encountered an autofocus issue that's been causing some frustration.
I also check this : https://forum.opticallimits.com/alteryxshowthread.php?mode=linear&tid=4719&pid=50791

Specifically, I've noticed that the autofocus system seems to struggle when shooting in low light conditions with my Canon EOS R5. Whether indoors or during dusk, the autofocus tends to hunt back and forth before locking onto the subject properly. This results in missed shots or slightly out-of-focus images, which is quite disappointing considering the capabilities of this camera.

I've tried adjusting various settings, including the AF mode and sensitivity, but the problem persists. Interestingly, I didn't encounter this issue with my previous Canon camera, the Canon EOS 5D Mark IV.

Has anyone else experienced similar autofocus issues with the Canon EOS R5, especially in low light scenarios?

Thank you for your help!
Thanks
That is weird, if anything it should be better at AF.

Having said that, what lens are you using when you get these problems?
Gear: Canon EOS R with 3 primes and 2 zooms, 4 EF-R adapters, Canon EOS 5 (analog), 9 Canon EF primes, a lone Canon EF zoom, 2 extenders, 2 converters, tubes; Olympus OM-D 1 Mk II & Pen F with 12 primes, 6 zooms, and 3 Metabones EF-MFT adapters ....